huge franchise trade. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

huge franchise trade. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: huge franchise trade. WHIR

Postby dannahann » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 am

Cabrera is still relatively young for all he's accomplished. I believe he just turned 28. He's a proven and consistent top 5 fantasy producer. I really think the only way you trade him is if you are getting young proven future studs plus a blue chip prospect. If it were me I wouldn't move Cabrera unless I was getting something along the lines of a J-Up or a McCutcheon PLUS a Hosmer or a Pineda PLUS a nearly ready blue chip prospect ala Jesus Montero, Trout or Des Jennings.

Guys like Cabrera Avila and Gallardo aren't the reason you are in 11th place. You are selling woefully short here. If you want to get some young depth Yovanni should easily net a Smoak + Shelby Miller all by himself.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: huge franchise trade. WHIR

Postby MMBosstones86 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 am

dannahann wrote:Cabrera is still relatively young for all he's accomplished. I believe he just turned 28. He's a proven and consistent top 5 fantasy producer. I really think the only way you trade him is if you are getting young proven future studs plus a blue chip prospect. If it were me I wouldn't move Cabrera unless I was getting something along the lines of a J-Up or a McCutcheon PLUS a Hosmer or a Pineda PLUS a nearly ready blue chip prospect ala Jesus Montero, Trout or Des Jennings.

Guys like Cabrera Avila and Gallardo aren't the reason you are in 11th place. You are selling woefully short here. If you want to get some young depth Yovanni should easily net a Smoak + Shelby Miller all by himself.

thanks for the advice.

yeah i know those guys aren't the reason....the thinking was to turn a player into multiple that can help me fill other needs and hopefully move up in the next few years.

I have SOME talent, but mostly the team is full of corpses. thanks again for the help!
MMBosstones86
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions