Desmond Jennings: What Do You Think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Desmond Jennings: What Do You Think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Desmond Jennings: What Do You Think?

Postby rich101682 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about Desmond Jennings. Since he'll probably be up in a few weeks, how do you see him performing the rest of this season? Will he really be the next Carl Crawford like some said about him? Now that he's found his power a bit after wrist surgery, will he be more of a Shane Victorino type? He's been in AAA for so long that it seems like he may be a bit old to blossom into a true superstar, but some people said the same of Chase Utley before he got to the bigs.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Desmond Jennings: What Do You Think?

Postby rich101682 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 am

No one?
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby intense » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:08 pm

I like him a lot, I snagged him in some deep leagues and am awaiting his arrival.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dannahann » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 am

I thought he'd be promoted by now. He's hitting the ball well and running so it has more to do with TB fiscal decisions I think. I drafted him in a pair of keepers with provisions favoring rooks. He's taken up valuable bench space in one and I lost him in a trade about a month ago in the other.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 45)

Postby HybridTheory » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am

He needs to replace Fuld, who really fell off after a hot start.
HybridTheory
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 pm

HybridTheory wrote:He needs to replace Fuld, who really fell off after a hot start.

Right now they have Upton, Joyce, Ruggiano, and Zobrist that all play OF with Fuld getting spot starts too. They have a lot of guys they are platooning and playing at different times.

I see Jennings coming up 1) they trade Upton; 2) serious injury to a starting OF; 3) September or if the Rays fall out of WC contention sometime in July or August
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kab21 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:39 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
HybridTheory wrote:He needs to replace Fuld, who really fell off after a hot start.

Right now they have Upton, Joyce, Ruggiano, and Zobrist that all play OF with Fuld getting spot starts too. They have a lot of guys they are platooning and playing at different times.

I see Jennings coming up 1) they trade Upton; 2) serious injury to a starting OF; 3) September or if the Rays fall out of WC contention sometime in July or August

Or the Rays decide to get serious and bring up a player that could be better than almost all of those players, Damon at DH and SRod (move Zobrist to 2B). And try to improve the offense.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 177)

Postby wingman3110 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:52 am

Im ready for some Jennings. I've been stashing in my 14 team keeper league for about a month now and I am anxisouly awaiting his arrival.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 129)

Postby Mikdonn2 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

so is this kid going to get called up at the end of they month? I've had him stashed away in one league, passed up on some other prospects who have gotten called up and he is available in my other big money league. I keep reading about his super 2 status which I think is up now. Any day now I hope....
Mikdonn2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby dannahann » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

dannahann wrote:I thought he'd be promoted by now. He's hitting the ball well and running so it has more to do with TB fiscal decisions I think. I drafted him in a pair of keepers with provisions favoring rooks. He's taken up valuable bench space in one and I lost him in a trade about a month ago in the other.

Dealt him in the remaining league last night. After investing the draft picks and bench space I no longer own him in either keeper league. Given my long term history with these type decisions my bet is Des will be up within the week and provide Braunian production for the remainder of his career. Go get him!
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 45)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers