Holliday for Hanley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Holliday for Hanley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Holliday for Hanley

Postby mrbubs » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 am

Since it's a keeper league, do it. But I'm not sure I'd take Hanley over Holliday for the rest of this season -- the man couldn't even sit down on a flight because his back hurt so much. If there's any way to wait until Hanley's been back in the lineup for a week, I'd wait-- but your window may have closed by then.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=433343
mrbubs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wiserman20 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:43 am

The first question that comes to mind is, what other OF'ers do you have?

Because this is a keeper league, I'm leaning that you take Hanley for Holliday and hold on to an elite SS.

That being said, if it's going to water you down at the OF position, that makes the move a little trickier.

Basically, if you have the depth at OF go for it. If not, you can work the draft for a servicable SS and hold on to an elite OF in Holliday.

One last thought. Both are suffering injuries... may want to weight those out as well being a keeper league.

viewtopic.php?t=433369
Wiserman20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby IronBird » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Wiserman20 wrote:The first question that comes to mind is, what other OF'ers do you have?

McClutchen for the long haul, Berkman in RF and WW pickup Morse is too good for me to not start in LF, so moving Holliday was a go for me. Also have Damon to backup the LF, not great, but he is consistent at putting up fantasy stats.

Note: I like it when my players suffer the same real life agonies that I do. i.e. I have a pinched nerve and work a blue-collar job. From my personal experience, you get used to it and you deal with it. He'll eventually get a cortisone shot in the spine for it, then he'll be fine.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MrAccoe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Who's your current SS as well? Also, who do you have in your UTIL spot?

What trio is better?

- Holliday + (Current SS) + Morse (UTIL)

or

- Hanley + Morse (LF) + (Current UTIL)

Depending on your current UTIL player, you may be better of staying put.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby IronBird » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 pm

trade is done. But Aybar was SS, now with Rasmus, Damon, Wigginton and McGehee(if wakes up) are the Utl pool to pick from weekly. And Moustakas is a Utl player now that Pujols gets 3B eligibility and Morse or Berkman can play 1B. :-b

My bats are good for this year. I'm looking ahead. I'm not expecting Hanley to ride me to a championship (even in his heyday he's my 2nd best bat) but I'm being hopeful for him in the years to come. That and I have a feeling Holliday/Pujols/Berkman (1 or more) won't be around in STL next year.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions