Trying to get Moustakas - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trying to get Moustakas

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trying to get Moustakas

Postby Surfs up » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 am

Do I give up Adam Jones for him? He has MM at UTL so I can also put him there. I have no chance of winning this year. I would not keep Jones next year over Hosmer, Miggy, Pujlos, Bautista , Hanley or Price.
I might be able to get Moustakas by trading him Price instead of Jones.
He wants Hanley and has offered me Phillips, MM and his 1 st round pick for Hanley and my 5th round pick. I posted this offer but only got a couple of replies from the Cafe.
We keep six players. Hanley has two years left after this year . Phillips has two. MM can be kept for three years AFTER this year. Thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to get Moustakas

Postby dannahann » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Interesting in that Moose was just moved on June 11th in a deal involving Adam Jones + in our 12T mixed roto keeper. We do place a premium on top rookies though as each team keeps two free rookies (no contracts) and Moose was actually picked before Jones in our open draft this spring. The 5-1 deal in full was WAY TOO MUCH for Moose but it was made by a rebuilding squad seeking a 2nd top rook so while one of our worst ever deals, is not unheard of in our trade crazy league:

Moose was traded for Adam Jones, Howie Kendrick, JP Arencebia, Madison Bumgarner, and Josh Collmentor :-t
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Sounds like a league i would like to be a part of. I love trading. No matter how good my team is. After the draft the season is boring. I hate looking at the same players week after week. I trade as much as I can . I have also had lots of success with trades and lots of flops. It seems to even out. And I have won my league 3 times in the last 5 years. But I won't this year.
If you Had Hanley would you do this trade? I doubt he would do it for Jones. Maybe Price will get MM.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baegames » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

I have to say, I would not keep moose over any of the six you mentioned except maybe Hosmer (position and all). He will be great, but I am not sure if right away.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=433188
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 197)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:59 pm

I would not do the Hanley deal. Hanley has way more upside that Moustakas. I doubt he would do Jones either but worth a shot. I personally wouldn't do it for Price. I think Price has top 5 SP ability.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm

This is exactly what I am looking for. As I said he offered , Moustakas,Phillips and his 1st round pick for Hanley. I would have to give him back a pick. We all have to have the same amount of picks on draft day although they don't have to be in order. The 2012 draft will offer Votto, Wright, Longoria,Pedroia,Jay Bruce Cliff Lee, Cain and Josh Johnson. I don't have a 1st rd pick in this draft thats why getting one appeals to me. I would guess I would have the 5-6-or 7th overall pick based on what his team is doing right now.
Thanks for te help. ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IronBird » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Surfs up wrote:This is exactly what I am looking for. As I said he offered , Moustakas,Phillips and his 1st round pick for Hanley. I would have to give him back a pick. We all have to have the same amount of picks on draft day although they don't have to be in order. The 2012 draft will offer Votto, Wright, Longoria,Pedroia,Jay Bruce Cliff Lee, Cain and Josh Johnson. I don't have a 1st rd pick in this draft thats why getting one appeals to me. I would guess I would have the 5-6-or 7th overall pick based on what his team is doing right now.
Thanks for te help. ;-D

Well now, that changes EVERYTHING! You didn't mention you'd have top notch MVP's and Cy's available for draft next season! That makes a 1st round pick.... a REAL 1st round pick. I say. GO for it! Trade Hanley for Mouse, but I'd ask for more than Phillips. To me, Phillips is on the down slope of his career and more of defensive star than bat.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm

This is his team. Keep in mind when we trade players we have to fill the same postions vacated. Or be able to put the player in a spot like. MI. CI or outfield. In this case I have Erick Aybar at short along with Ramirez. So Phillips could go to second or MI.
He is also asking me about David Price. Who also has two years left.

R. Martin
A. Dunn
J. Smoak
D. Murphy
B. Phillips
B. Roberts
O. Infante
M. Moustakas
A. Ramirez
I. Desmond
R. Braun
R. Ludwick