So many players are FA! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

So many players are FA!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: So many players are FA!

Postby jaysfreak13 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

I'd go for it when you are that far down the standings its worth a shot and see if it works and I think it can. Even if you think you drafted well there's always room for improvement I did the same with my team this year when I couldnt handle Rios anymore which was over a month ago.

I just need Uggla to get it going thats all
jaysfreak13
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dillonlockwood » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm

jaysfreak13 wrote:I'd go for it when you are that far down the standings its worth a shot and see if it works and I think it can. Even if you think you drafted well there's always room for improvement I did the same with my team this year when I couldnt handle Rios anymore which was over a month ago.

How does your OF and bench look without Rios? All I know is that I've seen too many dropped players early enough in the season who bounce back in a big way, every year... and picking up those players may be the recipe for success in my crazy league.
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm

I'd grab Abreu over Crisp ... he's heating up and i like that OBP on top of the SBs.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby jaysfreak13 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:50 pm

dillonlockwood wrote:
jaysfreak13 wrote:I'd go for it when you are that far down the standings its worth a shot and see if it works and I think it can. Even if you think you drafted well there's always room for improvement I did the same with my team this year when I couldnt handle Rios anymore which was over a month ago.

How does your OF and bench look without Rios? All I know is that I've seen too many dropped players early enough in the season who bounce back in a big way, every year... and picking up those players may be the recipe for success in my crazy league.

My OF is Crawford, Quentin, and Bourn with Konerko on my UTL in fact this link is the details of my team and league so far this year viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433221

I dropped Rios once I aquired Bourn in a trade I aquired Quentin for a closer since I had 5(Hanrahan) and I had Victorino and I just traded him for a pitcher(Helickson)

I feel I get more speed from Bourn and more power from Quentin so I was ok cutting bait with Rios as I did it a month ago. I should note at the time Rios was stuggling Crawford, Youkilis, Uggla, were all struggling as well at the time

mine is a 12 team league with 5X5 which is different than yours so you might want to have bench hitters for me in this league that I'm in I really don't like having bench hitters and I'd rather have the bench spots for pitchers if you face an opponent that has less SPs you can get the advantage in Ws, Ks which is my philosiphy on that when you have L and BB as a stat it makes a difference.
jaysfreak13
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby cs3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 pm

1. drop Vladi, add Rios
2. drop Damon add Aramis
3. try to trade Youk + Carpenter, Oswalt, Nolasco or Volquez for a legit #1 starter or a top tier OF

thanks for helping on mine ;-D
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions