QUICK!!..Jurrjens and Hart for Ortiz?? WAHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

QUICK!!..Jurrjens and Hart for Ortiz?? WAHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

QUICK!!..Jurrjens and Hart for Ortiz?? WAHIR

Postby BiGAnT » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Is that giving up too much...I know Ortiz is on fire and I like him to keep it up but I feel like Jurrjens is simply pitching too well and Hart has a lot of power potential as well (I need HR and RBI badly - but my ERA is horrible too and Jurrjens is definitely helping me out with that)...what if I counter with Gio Gonzalez and Hart, or Carpenter and Hart (Though the other guy doesn't like Carpenter the carpenter deal, I already brought it up to him haha)...any thoughts? Thanks ;-D

C Yadier Molina
1B Ryan howard
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Jhonny Peralta
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Kemp
OF Carlos Quentin
OF Rajai Davis
Util Corey Hart
BN Vladimir Guerrero
BN Alex Rios

SP Roy Halladay
SP Chris Carpenter
SP Jair Jurrjens
RP Sergio Santos
RP Mark Melancon
P Gio Gonzales
P Brian Matusz
P Charlie Morton
P Phil Humber
P Mike Adams
P Aaron Crow
BN Brandon McCarthy
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: QUICK!!..Jurrjens and Hart for Ortiz?? WAHIR

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't like this trade for you, your pitching staff can't take the hit. If you can do it for Carpenter then I would do it, but not for Jurrjens.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BiGAnT » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:56 pm

ahcryky wrote:I don't like this trade for you, your pitching staff can't take the hit. If you can do it for Carpenter then I would do it, but not for Jurrjens.

I think he is willing to do it for Carpenter and Hart now, I am talking with him right now and it seems like I can get it to carp and hart...go for it? Ortiz returns more RBIs and HR than Hart for the rest of the season right? Or am I wrong?
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 am

Like I said, I do it for Carpenter. What are you gonna do with the extra roster spot? Who's on your wire as far as bats and pitchers?
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BiGAnT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 am

ahcryky wrote:Like I said, I do it for Carpenter. What are you gonna do with the extra roster spot? Who's on your wire as far as bats and pitchers?

I thought you were saying one-for-one Carp for Ortiz, sorry!! haha As far as bats, its Boesch, Rizzo, Trumbo, Patterson and Willingham. And for pitchers, its Gee, Britton, Leake (who has pitched well lately) and Karstens (who is usually a no, but has given up 2 runs or less in his last six starts and looks much better than he usually does haha). I would either go with Boesch, Rizzo, or Gee I think (I had Britton but he had been up and down so I actually wound up dropping him).
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 am

The only thing you have to think of is Ortiz is a DH and will only be a Util spot, so getting Rizzo won't help you with Howard at 1B. If you can get Ortiz for Carp, well then I would definitely do that.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BiGAnT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 am

ahcryky wrote:The only thing you have to think of is Ortiz is a DH and will only be a Util spot, so getting Rizzo won't help you with Howard at 1B. If you can get Ortiz for Carp, well then I would definitely do that.

Very true, I forgot about that aspect of Ortiz..yeah I would go with an OF...or actually what about Isringhasuen, he will be the next closer in NY when KRod gets dealt (which according to a lot of experts, almost guaranteed, before he hits that 55 game limit or whatever he is on) and I could probably use him since Santos job is in jeopardy and Melancon may still wind up losing out to Lyon even though he is terrible...thoughts?
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:59 am

Relief pitchers come and go all year long. You can always find one.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BiGAnT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:02 am

ahcryky wrote:Relief pitchers come and go all year long. You can always find one.

Very true, very true. Thanks for your help, appreciate it!
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KobraCola » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:32 am

I have Jurrjens on my team as well (as you may have seen from my topic that you commented on) and while it is inevitable (or is it?? haha, just trying to be optimistic) his ERA will rise, his xFIP still isnt that bad, if I remember correctly around 3.40 and with his fantastic start he might end up slightly under that. Therefore, I personally Jurrjens will be valuable all year, though I could be wrong. I also have Hart and he's been a bit up and down, but Ortiz will definitely be better for the rest of the year. However, as ahcryky stated, I'm not sure if your pitching staff can take the hit of losing Jurrjens, though it's always possible to find pitching in the FA bucket. I would not do Ortiz for Hart and Jurrjens, but I would do Ortiz for Carpenter and Hart and I would seriously consider Geo and Hart for Ortiz, both seem like better deals than Hart and Jurrjens. Alternatively, I also have Rizzo on my team and I firmly believe he will provide some power for the rest of the year (he's already homered in Petco!). Hope that helps!
KobraCola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions