Keepers Questions Final Options WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keepers Questions Final Options WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keepers Questions Final Options WHIR

Postby DattKemp27 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 pm

baegames wrote:Other opinions? I am beyond convinced that Option C is the best. If that one is not possible, which option should I take, A or B?

If not C i would take A, Hamilton is great if he can stay healthy, but his health record is not pretty. and thats alot of money for someone like that.

If you could help id appreciate it
viewtopic.php?t=433261
DattKemp27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby plainyogurt » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 pm

C, then I would go with B, then A
plainyogurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BiGAnT » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 pm

baegames wrote:Other opinions? I am beyond convinced that Option C is the best. If that one is not possible, which option should I take, A or B?

I would say option A...I like the Granderson side of that deal, where as with B you are getting Smoak and Hosmer, two first basemen, rather than just one 1B in Hosmer for A...and I just simply like the Asdrubal/Granderson side much better than the Hamilton/Smoak side. Thanks for the help with mine, goodluck!
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby IzzyDavis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:20 pm

option A over B no question.
Amazing value for Granderson as well as Asdrubal (premium position). Hamiltion always a health concern and you can find similar production at 1B from what smoak gives you.
IzzyDavis
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JJGBPD » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Option B.
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baegames » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 am

So Option A or B? Will help anyone who answers.. Please leave a link.
baegames
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 665)

Postby berrymyers » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:06 am

Thanks for help on mine...

Option A gives you more options for keepers which is what you want. You would get great value from Cabrera, Granderson, or Hamilton ($15 isn't bad for what he is capable of). I think you go A though and hold Pineda, Hosmer, Cabrera. I don't trust Granderson to do this again next year but I think we are seeing a definite breakout year for Cabrera. Plus SS is a much harder position to fill than OF.
20tm dynasty 5x5 w/BB,HLD
5 SP,3 RP
C-Martin
1B-Morneau,Fielder,Belt
2B-Phillips,JWeeks
3B-Zimm,Sizemore
SS-Furcal,Aviles,Casilla,Cozart
LF-Gordon
CF-C.Young
RF-J.Upton
SP-Peavy,Verlander,Bucholz,Shields,Carpenter,Matusz,Teheran
RP-Pap,Valverde,Clippard
berrymyers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby IronBird » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Is there anyway to keep Granderson and Smoak?

I don't like Hamilton, too injury prone and one of these days he's not going to come back from the DL. And I have to believe that Asdribble is a one-year wonder on an overachieving team right now.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby baegames » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:57 pm

No, granderson and smoak come from two different teams. They both want the same players. Need to choose a package.

Right now, it looks like the vote is 4-4 between the two packages. As an aside, the Hamilton owner is asking for a little less so that I can possibly make a trade later for another protection, but almost definitely not a better one unless someone is hurt, but I don't think so. Does that make a difference?
baegames
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 665)

Postby ABA316 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 am

baegames wrote:So, I am looking at two trades (and thinking of offering a third). Here is the situation. I posted a version of this already, but here goes a different format. We can protect three players, but I like to have some more (5 or so) in case of injury, trade to the NL, or our league expansion.

AL Only league, start 2 catchers.

So here are the three options that I could have on my roster (with their protectable prices in a six team league). Note: I do not need to choose which three within each Option to protect until next Spring, but I need to choose which option by Thursday. In the end I will only protect 3 players, so it is doubtful I would protect both Smoak and Hosmer, probably Hamilton, Pineda, and one of them if I took Option B.

Please rank the options, as I am not sure Option C is available. I will go for that one if I can.

Option A: Alex Avila ($6), Michael Pineda ($6), Desmond Jennings ($6), Eric Hosmer ($6), Jordan Walden ($6) (those five are in every option), Asdrubal Cabrera ($9), Curtis Granderson ($8)

Option B: Avila, Pineda, Jennings, Hosmer, Walden, Josh Hamilton ($15), Justin Smoak ($6)

Option C: (no longer an option, as the other party will not trade bautista) Avila, Pineda, Jennings, Hosmer, Walden, Jose Bautista ($13)

EDIT: To get the idea of salaries in this league, here are some players who were not protected this year: Shin-Soo Choo (27), Mark Teixeira (38), Justin Verlnader (33), Carl Crawford (38), Derek Jeter (18). Just some more info if that helps people figure out if Package A or B would be better.

I'm gonna go with A actually:

Cabrera and Granderson for $17 is better than $21 Hamilton and Smoak IMO. That said I am not a big fan of Hamilton as a big injury risk..I bet you could buy Smoak back easier than Asdrubal and Grandy..let someone else spend like crazy for Hamilton.

Thanks for mine dude!
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions