ESPN League Commissioner Tools? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ESPN League Commissioner Tools?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN League Commissioner Tools?

Postby TheDanBeyer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello,

I'm in an ESPN keeper league and am trying to find out information regarding what a commissioner can and can't do. Yesterday one of our league commissioners(there are two) gave out some monthly awards. With it now being Sunday I went to compare my numbers for the week against some of the other managers numbers. I noticed that one team(Lets call this team TEAM X) had benched his best players. I dug further and found that TEAM X benched his best players for two consecutive days. Now, here's the kicker, the manager that TEAM X is playing is the league commissioner that handed out the monthly awards two days earlier.

I already know that league commissioners have the ability to edit rosters, which is why I'm suspicious. I'm trying to figure out if ESPN league managers have the ability to see when an owner was last active. When I confronted the other commissioner about this he said it was an honest mistake. I call bullshit.

Please let me know if I have the right to be suspicious. Also, please let me know if it's possible to see when an owner was last active. If there's a way to distinguish between a commissioner making a roster move on someone elses team or the actual owner making the roster move please let me know.

Thanks!
TheDanBeyer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ESPN League Commissioner Tools?

Postby hockeykidb3 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:32 pm

i think you should be but you should contact the owner of the team to see if it was them or the LM
hockeykidb3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

The LM can make a Roster Change and can also check an option whether it shows as the Owner making it or as the LM making it. The only way you could find out for sure is to ask the Owner.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Postby ABA316 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:25 pm

You can see last owner activity by using View All Activity under the transactions log. It will give you dropdowns to choose date and team parameters, as well as type of activity. Among other things it shows when they last modified active roster.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:52 am

bigmck wrote:The LM can make a Roster Change and can also check an option whether it shows as the Owner making it or as the LM making it. The only way you could find out for sure is to ask the Owner.

If I remember correctly, if the LM makes a move for a team like that it would show up in the team's transaction log (not sure about the league-wide one on the league's front page, but the one you can access from a team's individual page) - it's been a while since I played an ESPN league, but I think that's how it used to go.

Question: is this a weekly lineup league or a daily? :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner