Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby k.k. » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:42 am

I'd hang onto Moreland over Rizzo for now. That's me though. Moreland has been pretty decent this season so far.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mhuhn23 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 am

I added Rizzo for Angel Pagan immediately when news came out he was being promoted Wednesday. At this point should I plan ahead to make him a keeper on my team? It might be a big risk (I've been burnt by Heyward so far) but I have MLB.tv and watch a lot of my players at bats/IP just to make fantasy that much more fun for myself. I've been watching Rizzo, he has a beautiful swing, he's an intimidating beast of a man standing in the box. He looks like a force to be reckoned with.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:41 am

mhuhn23 wrote:I added Rizzo for Angel Pagan immediately when news came out he was being promoted Wednesday. At this point should I plan ahead to make him a keeper on my team? It might be a big risk (I've been burnt by Heyward so far) but I have MLB.tv and watch a lot of my players at bats/IP just to make fantasy that much more fun for myself. I've been watching Rizzo, he has a beautiful swing, he's an intimidating beast of a man standing in the box. He looks like a force to be reckoned with.

How many can you keep? It depends on who your other keepers are.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am

KaPluie wrote:I would, if that's your most expendable guy. In my 12 team money league, Rizzo's gone and Hunter's a FA.

Whoa. I know Hunter's season has been mediocre, but hearing that he is a free agent in a 12-team league sounds crazy to me.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 322)

Postby mhuhn23 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:30 am

KaPluie wrote:
mhuhn23 wrote:I added Rizzo for Angel Pagan immediately when news came out he was being promoted Wednesday. At this point should I plan ahead to make him a keeper on my team? It might be a big risk (I've been burnt by Heyward so far) but I have MLB.tv and watch a lot of my players at bats/IP just to make fantasy that much more fun for myself. I've been watching Rizzo, he has a beautiful swing, he's an intimidating beast of a man standing in the box. He looks like a force to be reckoned with.

It was 6 coming into this year... Cabrera, HanRam, McCutchen, Upton, Heyward, Lincecum.

Made a deal involving Upton for Cano, some idiot dropped Zimmerman and I snagged him with the 12th waiver order spot (apparently nobody paid attention for a few days, and/or I play with 11 other idiots) and now have these as my prospective keepers for next year, which will be either 7 or 8 depending on what the league votes. Obviously I'm voting for 8.

Cabrera, Cano, Zimmerman, Ramirez, McCutchen, Lincecum...and then the guys I'm debating over would be Heyward, Sizemore, Rizzo, Moustakas, Neftali Feliz, Bumgarner, D Brown.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheDanBeyer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:36 am

mhuhn23 wrote:
KaPluie wrote:

It was 6 coming into this year... Cabrera, HanRam, McCutchen, Upton, Heyward, Lincecum.

Made a deal involving Upton for Cano, some idiot dropped Zimmerman and I snagged him with the 12th waiver order spot (apparently nobody paid attention for a few days, and/or I play with 11 other idiots) and now have these as my prospective keepers for next year, which will be either 7 or 8 depending on what the league votes. Obviously I'm voting for 8.

Cabrera, Cano, Zimmerman, Ramirez, McCutchen, Lincecum...and then the guys I'm debating over would be Heyward, Sizemore, Rizzo, Moustakas, Neftali Feliz, Bumgarner, D Brown.

Give Heyward some more time, he will be the best of those guys you are thinking about.

Good luck.
TheDanBeyer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 am

kaiser wrote:
KaPluie wrote:I would, if that's your most expendable guy. In my 12 team money league, Rizzo's gone and Hunter's a FA.

Whoa. I know Hunter's season has been mediocre, but hearing that he is a free agent in a 12-team league sounds crazy to me.

He's been added/dropped like 10 times, but is currently a FA. Hunter's been consistently ranked in the 250-900 range overall, week to week. People pick him up knowing what he's capable of, he underperformes for a week, and they drop him. If you rank all the FAs in my league by % owned in Yahoo leagues, he's the highest % owned that is a FA, so he's right on the border of being ownable.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 am

Rizzo or trumbo for rest of season?
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 172)

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:58 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:Rizzo or trumbo for rest of season?

Rizzo.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:19 pm

kaiser wrote:

So would you not drop Torii Hunter for Anthony Rizzo in a 12 team h2h league?

I am in this situation right now, and Torii is the most expendable person on my team. He has been riding by bench for about the last month and a half.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions