Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby KaPluie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 pm

If Rizzo is available in your league... pick him up. He's looked like a complete monster so far. In his first 3 games he's hit a single, double, triple, homer, 4 walks and was hit by a pitch. If he wasn't at Petco, that triple would have been a homer too. He'll surely slow down, but he's looking like at wost a decent power guy to add to your bench off the wire, and at best a top-50 player in the second half. With that type of potential, you've got to get him on your roster as a flier.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 826
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 4 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby k.k. » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:18 pm

KaPluie wrote:If Rizzo is available in your league... pick him up. He's looked like a complete monster so far. In his first 3 games he's hit a single, double, triple, homer, 4 walks and was hit by a pitch. He'll surely slow down, but he's looking like at wost a decent power guy to add to your bench off the wire, and at best a top-50 player in the second half. With that type of potential, you've got to get him on your roster as a flier.

Would you dump a guy like Torii Hunter to add Rizzo?
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby KaPluie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 pm

k.k. wrote:
KaPluie wrote:If Rizzo is available in your league... pick him up. He's looked like a complete monster so far. In his first 3 games he's hit a single, double, triple, homer, 4 walks and was hit by a pitch. He'll surely slow down, but he's looking like at wost a decent power guy to add to your bench off the wire, and at best a top-50 player in the second half. With that type of potential, you've got to get him on your roster as a flier.

Would you dump a guy like Torii Hunter to add Rizzo?


I would, if that's your most expendable guy. In my 12 team money league, Rizzo's gone and Hunter's a FA.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 826
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 4 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby k.k. » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:22 pm

KaPluie wrote:
k.k. wrote:
KaPluie wrote:If Rizzo is available in your league... pick him up. He's looked like a complete monster so far. In his first 3 games he's hit a single, double, triple, homer, 4 walks and was hit by a pitch. He'll surely slow down, but he's looking like at wost a decent power guy to add to your bench off the wire, and at best a top-50 player in the second half. With that type of potential, you've got to get him on your roster as a flier.

Would you dump a guy like Torii Hunter to add Rizzo?


I would, if that's your most expendable guy. In my 12 team money league, Rizzo's gone and Hunter's a FA.

I appreciate the info, and suggestion. I also have R.Davis and Brantley for OF options to get rid of. I still like Brantley though, and R.Davis is a steals machine. I picked up T.Hunter as a FA a while back when someone else dumped him, so it wouldn't be a huge loss.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby KaPluie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm

They are all replaceable for Rizzo, depending on need. If you can plug Rizzo into a utility spot, I'd do it. In my league, Davis, Hunter, and Brantley have all been a FA multiple times throughout the season. Obviously they are all good at different things ... Davis at SBs, Brantley at runs, and Hunter at power/RBIs, so it all depends on how you are doing in these categories in your league.

With Rizzo I've been impressed with his ability to recognize pitches, and drive the ball. Look for him to add plenty of power and batting average from here on out. Of course rooks can go ice cold at any moment, so don't give up anything too important for him, but he has a good chance to be an improvement over any of those three.

Mike Moustakas is looking good tonight too, so keep your eye on him ... he could be significant power flier too.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 826
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 4 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby baegames » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Rizzo or Hosmer?
baegames
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 2043
(Past Year: 665)
Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby k.k. » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:38 pm

baegames wrote:Rizzo or Hosmer?

I'd be surprised if Hosmer were actually a FA in anyone's league at this point. Rizzo might still be sitting there in some, like one I'm in.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby KaPluie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Hosmer's a bit of a safer add since he's played very well over a larger number of games. If you're in a league with both Hosmer and Rizzo available, I'd make room for both. Throw Mouse in there too.
Last edited by KaPluie on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 826
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 4 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby Bullatopia » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:32 am

Should I drop Mitch Moreland for Rizzo?
Image
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 178
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do yourself a favor ... pick up Rizzo.

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:38 am

Bullatopia wrote:Should I drop Mitch Moreland for Rizzo?


I'd be fine with that
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 826
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 4 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baegames, camvz08, DaNamesBond22, jonboycubs, Liamrcosta8@gmail.co and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(12:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Diego at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact