Keeper League Posey for Greinke - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League Posey for Greinke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Posey for Greinke

Postby KosherK » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:32 pm

So I'm in the first year in a keeper points league that's been around for a while and I just got offered an interesting trade: Buster Posey for Zach Greinke

We get to keep 6 players at the end of each year and right now I have Kemp, McCutchen, Reyes who I'm definitely keeping and the rest of my pitching rotation is:

C.C. Sabathia
David Price
Anibal Sanchez
Ian Kennedy
Kyle Lohse

He's also offered to throw in a reliever in the trade (obviously I won't keep him) but I could get Farnsworth probably - right now I'm around 5th in adjusted stats and could make a run for 3rd if I got real lucky (nice little get for my first year and that I got autodrafted and built most of my team on the waiver wire - except Reyes, Kem and McCutchen who I got in a dispersal draft)

My feeling is that good pitchers are attainable (I picked up Sanchez and Kennedy of the wire) and catcher can be much tougher (but it seems a lot more even this year than in past years)

Do I pull this trade and take a chance on Posey - or is Grienk worth more than that.

Either way I see my keeps shaping up as:

McCutchen
Kemp
Reyes
Price
(one of CC, Sanchez, Kennedy)
And Greinke or Posey
KosherK
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League Posey for Greinke

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Posey. I don't want 3 of my 6 keepers pitchers.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions