What to give up for Zimmerman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What to give up for Zimmerman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to give up for Zimmerman

Postby blazed118 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 am

ESPN standard 10-team h2h league. Also, it is a one-player keeper league.
I am looking to offer a trade for Ryan Zimmerman seeing as though D. Wright is killing my team. Assuming that Choo turns it around eventually, I am fairly deep in the OF and could afford to dish one or two in a package deal, but he is already completely stacked in the OF. He really wants Verlander, but I'm not sure if that would be in my best interest. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

My roster is as follows:

C: Russel Martin
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Brandon Phillips
3B: David Wright (DL), Ryan Roberts
SS: Alexei Ramirez, Darwin Barney
OF: Josh Hamilton, Shin-Soo Choo, Jayson Werth, Chris Young, Logan Morrison, Hunter Pence
DH: Vlad Guerrero

SP: Josh Johnson, Justin Verlander, Josh Beckett, Gio Gonzalez, Eric Bedard, Kyle Lohse, Bud Norris, Aaron Harang (this roster spot saved for streaming)
RP: Joel Hanrahan, Kyle Farnsworth, Mark Melancon

His roster:

C: Mike Napoli
1B: Eric Hosmer, Justin Morneau, Adam Dunn
2B: Dan Uggla, Michael Cuddyer
3B: Martin Prado, Ryan Zimmerman (DL), Pablo Sandoval (DL)
SS: Hanley Ramirez, Yunel Escobar
OF: Matt Kemp, Andrew McCutchen, Carlos Gonzalez, Rajai Davis

SP: Felix Hernandez, Jon Lester, Ricky Nolasco, Colby Lewis, Alexi Ogando, Michael Pineda, Anibal Sanchez
RP: Chris Perez, Drew Storen, Jordan Walden, Joakim Soria
blazed118
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to give up for Zimmerman

Postby Devil Doc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Maybe you can take advantage of how bad he wants Verlander, do a 2 for 1 deal.

Maybe Zimmerman/Storen or Walden for Verlander. It will upgrade your closers, and get the 3B you want.

Help with mine?
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 am

I don't see Verlander and a closer getting it done. I own Zimmerman in my keeper, and there is no way I do that deal. You trade away Choo and you have to rely on Werth,Young,and Morrison to fill the spot. Looking at his roster, he's been obviously struggling at 2B with Uggla sucking, which I'm assuming he's been waiting out Zimmerman and probably can't wait to move Prado into that slot. Looking at his OF, I'm not thinking he really is looking for another OF. That being said, if you can get him for the two pitchers win for you...... But anyone that has held onto Zimmerman, they've been waiting all year long like myself and still value him as a top 3B in a slim position this year.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blazed118 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:55 am

Part of me wants to just ride it out with Roberts at 3B until Wright gets back...whenever that happens. I was thinking that maybe I offer a Verlander/Wright for Zimmerman trade. Too much?
blazed118
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ahcryky » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:06 pm

blazed118 wrote:Part of me wants to just ride it out with Roberts at 3B until Wright gets back...whenever that happens. I was thinking that maybe I offer a Verlander/Wright for Zimmerman trade. Too much?

I don't think it's too much to give up. But, I'm not too sure your staff can take the hit of loosing Verlander. Johnson isn't any lock to come back anytime soon. Beckett and Gio habe been slowing. I do think you're right for trying to move Wright. It's looking like his injury is more serious then first thought. Backs aren't good to begin with, but he has been bushed back for activities for even a few more weeks. Conservative time returning would be mid to late July. I wouldn't be trusting him right now.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blazed118 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 pm

My thoughts exactly regarding my pitching. I'm thinking that I'll have to look elsewhere for help at third. I gotta do something though.
blazed118
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:25 pm

I would rather have Verlander than Zimmerman, honestly. I notice that most people don't agree, but Verlander is a top 10 pitcher, at the lowest, and Zimmerman is a guy who hasn't quite proven elite status yet. In fact, he has proven very little. Gio will be fine, but your staff needs Verlander, at least for now. I would ask for Zimmerman+pitcher for Verlander+Closer and that would be the best deal I would make someone, you just can't afford to lose Verlander and get no pitching in return.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432878
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions