How much faab $ to spend on Anthony Rizzo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

How much faab $ to spend on Anthony Rizzo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How much faab $ to spend on Anthony Rizzo?

Postby danvan18 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 am

with Anthony Rizzo being called up, hes going to be a hot pickup this week since the Padres claim he will be playing full time. how much $$$ is he worth claiming for on a faab budget? my league allots 115 per season, and im down to 68. Hosmer went for a whopping 15 bucks when he was called up.

my idea was to claim him, and try and turn him around for something solid. when Hosmer was bought for 15, another owner immediately regretted not going higher, and traded a decent amount to get him. btw this is a keeper league.

WHIR
C Posey
1B Fielder
2B Pedroia
SS Scutaro
3B Headley
OF Kemp
OF McCutchen
OF A.Gonzalez
UT Pagan
BN Bautista Victorino Utley Machado Stubbs W.Chen Marcum J.Garcia

SP Bumgarner Hellickson Scherzer Ed.Jackson Lynn

RP Papelbon Putz Street
danvan18
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How much faab $ to spend on Anthony Rizzo?

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Would like to know more about the specifics of the keeper league like how many and if there are any restrictions or dollar values.

As for Rizzo, I would think $15 would be fine. The difference between Hosmer and Rizzo is that Hosmer was better suited to hit the big leagues and I think Rizzo will struggle. He doesn't hit in a good home ballpark which will cut into his power and he still struggles against LHP. So while I would give him a run just in case he surprises, I wouldn't go crazy on buying him up.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 am

I would max out at $15 for sure on Rizzo. With all the prospects coming up people are going to either be throwing all their $$$ or not at all, so I think you may be able to snake this out with a $10 or you will lose to a $30. Personally, I would roll out an $11 and hope no one goes for $15 or higher, trying to snake out the $10 bidders.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432878
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Faabs all depend on the other owners in YOUR league. 15 might be just right for many of you and it might not be close to enough for many of you. I think asking how much faab money to put on a player is one of the toughest questions that is asked here. Every league is so different . Everybody values players differently. In an NL only I was in recently my guess is Rizzo will go for 20 or more. Faab money can be included in trades in that league so some GM's have money throughtout the season to put more money on players. Single leagues don't have as many chances to put faab money out so they spend less. At least thats the way it was in my NL only.
Its all about what you feel will be enough to get that player and what you are comforatble with if you are going to end up keeping him.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby berrymyers » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:23 pm

I agree with the $15-20 range. One thing you need to look out for though is everyone who is regretting not bidding on Hosmer. They may try to make up for that and get "the next Hosmer" for this year. Although Hosmer will be much better than Rizzo, I'm not comparing the two's actual value just perceived value. some owners may be blinded by the crazy AAA stats and ignore the weaknesses. So, 15 may not get him but I wouldn't go crazy high bidding on him.
20tm dynasty 5x5 w/BB,HLD
5 SP,3 RP
C-Martin
1B-Morneau,Fielder,Belt
2B-Phillips,JWeeks
3B-Zimm,Sizemore
SS-Furcal,Aviles,Casilla,Cozart
LF-Gordon
CF-C.Young
RF-J.Upton
SP-Peavy,Verlander,Bucholz,Shields,Carpenter,Matusz,Teheran
RP-Pap,Valverde,Clippard