Sniping Hosmer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Sniping Hosmer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sniping Hosmer

Postby Devil Doc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:24 am

Why not do a Howard for Hosmer straight up? Wouldn't that clear cap room for you, and you gain a young up and coming prospect?

I'm not to familiar with leagues that put monitary values on players, sorry I couldn't be more of help.
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:51 am

rjforlife wrote:Montero/Cuddyer/Yunel/Tabata/Craig/Lawrie/Gordon/Kimbrel/Santos/Chacin/Bedard/Gio/Beachy are all on the same payscale as Hosmer- $5/$10/$15

Bumgarner is $7/$10/$15

Howard is $30/$36/$43

Kinsler is $20/$24/$29

Aramis/Walker/Chris Young/Cueto/Morrow are all $8/$10/$15

Dunn is $25/$30/$36 and Rios $20/$24/$29

Bruce is $17/$20/$24

Braun/Felix/Verlander/Ellsbury I won't even consider.

I wouldn't consider Bruce either.

Kinsler is decent value so you might be able to offer him straight up for Hosmer though I would prefer you trading Howard. Not sure I would want to move Gio but Tabata and Beachy might be a good offer as well.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:12 pm

We only keep 6, I thought I should mention that. Also, I am in first place in this league, does everyone think Hosmer will outperform Howard? Also, is Bumgarner/Gordon a lowball offer, is that why everyone is mentioning trading Howard, or is unloading Howard the priority? I just traded for him and believe him to be an excellent power bat in a tough league for power. I'm open to making a deal with Howard, just wondering if I can get Hosmer cheaper. Remember, the guy who got him yesterday only gave up Nolasco/Arencibia, and he isn't nuts for Hosmer either. He even texted me and asked if it was a fair deal. I grudgingly said yes because I didn't want to undercut him behind his back.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 pm

I would go with Bumgarner and Gordon or Bumgarner and Tabata (if you really want Hosmer) Thanks for your help.
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 pm

So has he already turned down the Bumgarner/Dee Gordon offer?

That seems like a fair trade for both of y'all.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432866

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:53 pm

rjforlife wrote:We only keep 6, I thought I should mention that. Also, I am in first place in this league, does everyone think Hosmer will outperform Howard? Also, is Bumgarner/Gordon a lowball offer, is that why everyone is mentioning trading Howard, or is unloading Howard the priority? I just traded for him and believe him to be an excellent power bat in a tough league for power. I'm open to making a deal with Howard, just wondering if I can get Hosmer cheaper. Remember, the guy who got him yesterday only gave up Nolasco/Arencibia, and he isn't nuts for Hosmer either. He even texted me and asked if it was a fair deal. I grudgingly said yes because I didn't want to undercut him behind his back.

I think so much of this relies on the league. I have Hosmer in a couple of keeper leagues and i wouldn't trade him for Howard. Howard will end up with more value this year than Hosmer but long term, I want Hosmer. I was basing my trade thoughts on you really wanting the guy, and if that is the case then I would make an offer that would be hard for the other team to refuse. Which means you will overpay for Hosmer but over the next couple years you will be glad you did. If you are wanting to add him but your main focus is on today, then I wouldn't trade Howard. I would offer some of these other trades out there and see what happens. As for me, I am not trading him unless I get another young bat in return like a Justin Upton, Heyward or Bruce.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby cs3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 pm

see if he'll take Bumgarner + Kimbrel for Hosmer + Axford.

try to sell him on the fact that he's getting 2 young players who havent even peaked yet, and will be cheap for several years.
Mention how Bumgarner has been lights out for over a month now (8 straight starts with 6+ innings, and hes allowed 3 runs or less in every single one. His K's are up and he hasnt walked more than 2 batters in a game in nearly 2 months.

If he doesnt take that or something similar, then I would start discussing Howard and see what hes willing to offer in addition to Hosmer

thanks for the help on mine!
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions