Gordon/Joyce/Jurrjens for Rasmus/Sandoval/Marcum WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Gordon/Joyce/Jurrjens for Rasmus/Sandoval/Marcum WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gordon/Joyce/Jurrjens for Rasmus/Sandoval/Marcum WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 pm

10 team league, non keeper, R-HR-RBI-SB-K-TB-AVG-OBP W-SHO-SV-BB-K-ERA-WHIP-QS

My Alex Gordon, Matt Joyce, and Jair Jurrjens for his Colby Rasmus, Pablo Sandoval, and Shaun Marcum.

It hurts to give up Jurrjens cause I am such a big Braves fan, but I really think I'm getting the better end of the deal here. And I will be selling high on Alex Gordon and Matt Joyce.

Roster(we have 2 utilities):
Brian McCann
Adrian Gonzalez
Howie Kendrick
Aramis Ramirez
Asdrubal Cabrera
Ryan Braun
Drew Stubbs
Logan Morrison
Nelson Cruz
Matt Joyce
BN-Alex Gordon
BN-Dan Uggla
DL-Jason Kubel

SP- Bud Norris
Gavin Floyd
Jair Jurrjens
CC Sabathia
Dan Haren
Trevor Cahill
Ryan Vogelsong
RP-Carlos Marmol
RP-Ryan Madson
RP-Drew Storen
RP-Andrew Bailey
DL-Brandon Beachy

WHIR just leave a link
Last edited by ATLbraves on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I make this trade? WHIR

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm new to the world of fantasy baseball, but I do like the sell high on Gordon and Joyce, but I think JJ is the better pitcher in that deal. Not big fans of Rasmus and Sandovol either, you might but that trade bait out to others and see who bites, but I think you could probably do better than that.
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Devil Doc wrote:I'm new to the world of fantasy baseball, but I do like the sell high on Gordon and Joyce, but I think JJ is the better pitcher in that deal. Not big fans of Rasmus and Sandovol either, you might but that trade bait out to others and see who bites, but I think you could probably do better than that.

I love Jurrjens but I think Marcum is the better pitcher of the two honestly.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 pm

I'd like Marcum over JJ IF he wasn't on the Brewers. I think that the Brew Crew will eventually have to decide whether or not they are true contenders, they've been playing well but what happens right at the trade deadline and their looking up at the Reds and Cards going...well I'm not sure? Prince is going to be dealt, and I think they are just gonna tank. No run support on that team when he leaves, even with Braun. Its hard to see Marcum doing much better than JJ without Fielder in that line up.

I'm just a rookie owner, but I think JJ will end up being better this year than Marcum. I have JJ on my team as well, but would probably deal him quick, just to avoid the headaches that man AND Hanson can give you. Brilliant one day, then disastrous the next. And he hasn't been pitching THAT bad this year. But ill stick with my original stand on this trade.

I hope that doesn't sound too rookie minded, and even helps at all.
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gordon/Joyce/Jurrjens for Rasmus/Sandoval/Marcum WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 pm

No I definitely appreciate and respect your input. The Brewer's GM reportedly has said that they have no intentions of trading Prince Fielder tho because they believe they will be in contention this year. I think they will be too.

Anyone else got a suggestion of what I should do?

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Jurrjens lack of Ks and FIP suggest a slight but not much regression as the season goes along, as in he won't be able to keep up his current success rate based on this. Contact DangerRanger on the CBSBraves BB as he has all this sabermetrical data available at a moment's notice. To me Jurrjens and Marcum kinda cancel each other out in my opinion. Matt Joyce is the real deal friends and Gordon is 27 years old and right in his prime. I'd like the idea of picking up Sandoval for 3b insurance as there's hardly any productive 3b in the league. See if you can redo the deal just for Kung Fu Panda. Offer him Gordon or Joyce for his Kung Fu. Though I'd probably keep Gordon as you can use him 3b maybe? If so you don't even need to do this deal and stay put. This is one of those deals just to deal if Gordon has 3b eligibility.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:44 pm

MadDog36 wrote:Jurrjens lack of Ks and FIP suggest a slight but not much regression as the season goes along, as in he won't be able to keep up his current success rate based on this. Contact DangerRanger on the CBSBraves BB as he has all this sabermetrical data available at a moment's notice. To me Jurrjens and Marcum kinda cancel each other out in my opinion. Matt Joyce is the real deal friends and Gordon is 27 years old and right in his prime. I'd like the idea of picking up Sandoval for 3b insurance as there's hardly any productive 3b in the league. See if you can redo the deal just for Kung Fu Panda. Offer him Gordon or Joyce for his Kung Fu. Though I'd probably keep Gordon as you can use him 3b maybe? If so you don't even need to do this deal and stay put. This is one of those deals just to deal if Gordon has 3b eligibility.

So I guess you dont like Rasmus at all in this deal?

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:23 am

I like Rasmus yes but Joyce carries more value right now and not downgrade there.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Postby misterf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:20 am

thanks for the help on mine.

I think the pitchers or more or a less a wash. They both have their pros/cons....and some will like JJ....others will like Marcum (for the record, i like Marcum better, but it's close).....but really they are both solid #2 fantasy pitchers.

So the trade really comes down to the hitters.

I think Joyce is probably the best hitter in the deal (I rank Marcum as the best player in the deal). But it really comes down to how you rate Pablo. If you are in the camp that thinks he will be back in a week or two and pick up hitting just like he was in April, then the deal is great for you.

If you are concerned that Pablo will revert to last season's suck-itude (yeah...its a word).....then it is probably safer to pass on the trade.

As a Giants fan, I have not heard any news that Pablo has packed on any pounds....so i am will to be bullish on Pablo and recommend the deal............

.....but, really, this is a very even trade.....with equal risk/reward on both sides.

If you like Pablo, go for it......................if Pablo scares you, pass
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:42 am

yeah apparently Pablo has been hitting really well in his rehab assignments, so I think he will pick up right where he left off.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions