should i do it or wait.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

should i do it or wait....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

should i do it or wait....

Postby browdee12 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm

I was approached with this deal.... my uggla, d brown, and gardner for his a hill, a jones, and anthony rizzo.
my team
Napoli mauer
Trumbo
Pedroia uggla
Reynolds ryan Roberts
Tulow
M joyce
Gardner d span
Stanton d brown
Ortiz
Also have belt on dl.
I was thinking I don't really need uggla, brown is jt sitting behind stanton, and jones would be a nice upgrade at cf. And from what I hear rizzo is the real deal, but who knows until he proves something. Any help is appreciated. So the question is go for it or wait on uggla?
browdee12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 9
Joined: 24 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: should i do it or wait....

Postby RangersFTW » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 pm

I say take it. Most people would say not too because its "Uggla"
This is my first year in FB but from what he has produced this year i wouldnt even dare to keep him on my team. And Rizzo and Jones would be nice to have on your team.
I say do it. But thats just what i personally would do.
C: Avila
1B: Konerko
2B: Utley
3B: Wigginton
SS: Hardy
OF: Berkman, Morse, Victorino
Util: Markakis, Ethier
Bench: Andrus, Wright

SP: Beachy, Ogando
RP: Venters, Adams
P: Cueto, Baker, Carrasco, Lohse
Bench: Bedard DL, Humber, Wilson
DL: Johnson
RangersFTW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 56
Joined: 8 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: should i do it or wait....

Postby nantben » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 pm

I would not do this. both Uggla and Gardner have major league track records, and they have nowhere to go but up. I really like D brown... I think he could be a .300 hitter with 10/10 (hr/sb) the rest of the way.

A hill is a downgrade from Uggla. i assumed were talking about Adam Jones? It can't be Andruw.... Adam is a good player but rizzo is unproven. It's not far off but I wouldn't take it.
nantben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 39
Joined: 17 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: should i do it or wait....

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:27 pm

If its a keeper league I'd say no, but if its a redraft league and your willing to roll the dice I say go for it. As far as value, I agree with nantben, you'd probably be losing more than gaining on that deal.
Image
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 322
Joined: 8 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: should i do it or wait....

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Tough it out with Uggla.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
Posts: 16561
(Past Year: 1920)
Joined: 1 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NC

Re: should i do it or wait....

Postby ahcryky » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 am

Don't do it...... Pedroia got taken out tonight........ Might be another bad injury.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2084
Joined: 9 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact