Dealing VMart - Perceived Value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dealing VMart - Perceived Value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dealing VMart - Perceived Value?

Postby KJROD20 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:55 pm

12 team h2h points league, 10 keepers + all of minors 2 & 3. minors must be dropped of kept as 1 of 10 following season.

C Martinez, Victor
1B Votto, Joey
2B Phillips, Brandon
3B Rolen, Scott
SS Andrus, Elvis (MINORS 1)
CI Hosmer, Eric (MINORS 1)
OF Bay, Jason
OF Stubbs, Drew
OF Young, Delmon
DH Bourn, Michael
U Avila, Alex
BN Figgins, Chone
BN Rios, Alex
BN Scott, Luke
DL Wright, David
DL LaRoche, Adam
MINORS 3 Mesoraco, Devin
MINORS 3 Kipnis, Jason
MINORS 1 Viciedo, Dayan
MINORS 2 Jennings, Desmond

P Gallardo, Yovani
P Masterson, Justin
P Nolasco, Ricky
P Perez, Chris
P Santos, Sergio
P Weaver, Jered
P Westbrook, Jake
BN Billingsley, Chad
BN Happ, J.A.
BN Jackson, Edwin
BN Vogelsong, Ryan
DL Nathan, Joe
DL Niemann, Jeff
MINORS 3 Banuelos, Manuel
MINORS 2 Montgomery, Mike
MINORS 3 Sale, Chris
MINORS 2 Turner, Jacob

I'm debating whether it's best to deal VMart for the best arm I can receive in return (lost DLR to TJ earlier in the season). One of my main reasons for dealing him now is that at this rate, he's going to lose C eligibility in our league for next year. Plus, as you can see, I can definitely use an arm and i can just slide Avila into the C spot. Plus the arm can go with Weaver and Gallardo as 2 of my keepers for next season and open the door to keep Hosmer/Andrus/other. What does everyone think? Is that a good strategy? If so, who should I shoot for? I offered VMart straight up for David Price but was turned down. Any suggestions? WHIR as always.
KJROD20
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dealing VMart - Perceived Value?

Postby dannahann » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:08 pm

I think your reasoning is sound here and a guy like Price is right about where V-Mart should go and I don't think you are getting a fair shake if you go much lower. You have Avila and your staff needs help. Maybe you can try pitchers in the same area codewho might be a bit undervalued still like Greinke or Cain. Ubaldo worries me. Guys doing OK might be tougher but V-Mart is still an elite C. I doubt you could get a CC or Hamels but who knows. It'd be tough to lose him for any RP 1-1 but maybe in a package. Something like CJ Wilson + Wilson would really help you. I wouldn't go all that much lower.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)

Postby KJROD20 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm

dannahann wrote:I think your reasoning is sound here and a guy like Price is right about where V-Mart should go and I don't think you are getting a fair shake if you go much lower. You have Avila and your staff needs help. Maybe you can try pitchers in the same area codewho might be a bit undervalued still like Greinke or Cain. Ubaldo worries me. Guys doing OK might be tougher but V-Mart is still an elite C. I doubt you could get a CC or Hamels but who knows. It'd be tough to lose him for any RP 1-1 but maybe in a package. Something like CJ Wilson + Wilson would really help you. I wouldn't go all that much lower.

I was looking at the first three you mentioned. The guy that has Cain & Greinke has Wieters so he'll probably pass (he also has Wilson). I've been going back and forth on Ubaldo and I agree, he worries me. There is one guy currently using Russell Martin who has Beckett, Jurrjens, and Cahill, but i feel like those 3 aren't quite enough for VMart.

Does anybody agree/disagree?
KJROD20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dannahann » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I agree. Beckett, especially, has been fortunate. Cahill or Jair aren't enough either. Maybe paired with a closer like Marmol or Wilson but I still see that as selling too low on V-Mart.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 am

I'd shoot for hmm Matt Cain, Tommy Hanson, or perhaps Cliff Lee.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3601)

Postby KJROD20 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:52 pm

What if I were to try packing one of Nolasco/Billingsley with VMart for a Verlander or Haren? Think that's fair value? Or if I go VMart & Gallardo for Verlander and a JUpton/Heyward?
KJROD20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dannahann » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:23 pm

I'd jump all over that Verly Upton deal if you get the chance. Per the earlier post I'd steer clear of adding anything to get Haren. I see guys like Cain and Price ahead of him to begin with and wouldn't recommend dealing V-Mart for Haren 1-1. He's typical a springtime ace / summertime disgrace. If you add a guy like Nolasco target a Cliff Lee or above guy.
61*
70**73**762***
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions