Need some help on Head to Head drafting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need some help on Head to Head drafting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:57 pm

Yeah I can see that, i'm just worried about Sorianos K's, plus his possible shoulder problems. It seems like the only thing Soriano would top Pujols in is SB's and Pujols would top him in every other category.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ramble2 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:28 pm

What about Schilling? I'd put my top four as:

Vlad (doesn't strike out too much - good bet for a 40/40 season)
A Rod
RJ
Schilling

I'd bump Schilling for Bonds if walks are counted in your league. Actually, if walks are counted I might move Bonds to no. 1. He's going to get 200 walks this year.

How many teams are in your league? Is it a snake draft? I imagine that either Piazza or Kent will still be around for your second pick if you have less than 12 teams in the league.

Don't worry too much about positional scarcity in the first round or two - what's more pressing is 'stud-player' scarcity! It doesn't mean you should completely ignore it, but you'll be able to fill in SS and 2B with servicable guys in the early middle rounds of your draft. Durham, for example, can probably be had in the 4th or 5th round of most drafts (assuming 10-12 teams), and he's an excellent player.
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:55 pm

You dont say if its a keeper? I wouldnt take Piazza anytime soon. Hes not the same old Mike. Take Vlad. Soriano 2nd. Besides cathers rarely play over 130 games, limiting their impact.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:52 am

It's not a keeper. It's a 12 team snake draft. I would definatly take Arod over Vlad anyday. They will put up similar numbers and Arod is a SS, I wouldn't even think twice about that one. Yes walks do count as +1, thats another reason why I was considering bonds.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby aberry33 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:56 pm

Well guys after much debate I think i'm leaning towards.....

Soriano

Thats with Bonds coming in at a close 2nd. His # of walks would help alot and he never strikes out also, but he could miss some games.

Weak position and should put up great numbers to go with it. What do you think? #4 still too early in your minds for him?
aberry33
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers