Zimmerman/Rasmus for Hanson/Holliday WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Zimmerman/Rasmus for Hanson/Holliday WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zimmerman/Rasmus for Hanson/Holliday WHIR

Postby dubstar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm

I've been waiting and waiting for Zimmy to return, and now I have an interesting offer. I have been wanting Hanson for over a year now in this keeper league. The way our keepers work is they can be kept forever and they move up 1 round each year, if they can't move up they stay in the same round. This year Zimmy was round 5, Holliday was round 3, Hanson was round 20. So Hanson has huge value going forward. We keep 6 next year, I have notated rounds next to the keepable guys in my lineup.

1. Should I do the deal, and hope that Lawrie/Peralta can provide enough at 3b for this year.
2. I have to drop someone to take Zimmy off the DL to trade him. Who should it be?

10 Team h2H keeper:
OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, XBH
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS

C Santana(20)
1B Gonzalez(1)
2B Johnson
3B Peralta
SS Andrus
OF Kemp(3), Cruz(4), Rasmus
UTIL Crawford(2)
BN B Lawrie
DL Zimmerman(5)

SP Oswalt, Buchholz, Scherzer, Billingsley, Wilson, Kuroda, Chacin, Lewis
RP Valverde, Perez, Nunez
DL Strasburg(18)
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Zimmerman/Rasmus for Hanson/Holliday WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes I would do this deal, you can have Hanson for as long as you want if he was drafted in the 20th round.

What round was Rasmus drafted in tho?

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dubstar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 pm

ATLbraves wrote:Yes I would do this deal, you can have Hanson for as long as you want if he was drafted in the 20th round.

Rasmus was in the 11th. I doubt he would be kept with only keeping 6 though.

I know this would be awesome going forward with Hanson, but is it worth it for this year? I am crushing my division and want to make sure I am as strong as possible this year.

Who would you drop to take Zimmerman off the DL? I was thinking Lewis maybe.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 pm

dubstar wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:Yes I would do this deal, you can have Hanson for as long as you want if he was drafted in the 20th round.

Rasmus was in the 11th. I doubt he would be kept with only keeping 6 though.

I know this would be awesome going forward with Hanson, but is it worth it for this year? I am crushing my division and want to make sure I am as strong as possible this year.

Who would you drop to take Zimmerman off the DL? I was thinking Lewis maybe.

I would have to say Kuroda or Lewis. Thats a tough decision though.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Hanson is an all and all stud. Holliday is as good as either of the guys. This is a no-brainer. My only knock on Hanson is he doesnt go late into games frequently enough. Probably due to his high pitch count usually. But the man is a top 10 option easily. He instantly becomes your best pitcher too. Do the deal and never look back!
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dubstar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 pm

FBNUT31 wrote:Hanson is an all and all stud. Holliday is as good as either of the guys. This is a no-brainer. My only knock on Hanson is he doesnt go late into games frequently enough. Probably due to his high pitch count usually. But the man is a top 10 option easily. He instantly becomes your best pitcher too. Do the deal and never look back!

Yea I love Hanson, I'm a Braves fan in Atlanta so I have no reservations about getting him. I'm just worried I move Zimmerman and he stays healthy and goes off for the rest of the year. This trade is with the leader of the other division, I am leading mine. We have 2 of the stronger teams in the league.

Who would you drop to take Zimmerman off the DL to make the trade?
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Kuroda and Lewis are both just fillers for this year. It would larger depend on who you are bigger on. Remember Lewis is definitely the better K pitcher.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

FBNUT31 wrote:Kuroda and Lewis are both just fillers for this year. It would larger depend on who you are bigger on. Remember Lewis is definitely the better K pitcher.

Yeah Lewis is def the better K pitcher, and he has a better offense behind him. Kuroda is more proven though. I give the slight edge to Lewis for his high strikeout rate.

ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby whitheadsuxs » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:25 am

just a thought but nationals finish from sept 5th forward 4 vs the dodgers 3 vs the astros 3 vs the mets 4 vs the marlins (little rough but not crazy this is to the 16th) off on the 19th come back vs 4 vs the phillies (okay that suxs) then finish vs the braves

and the cards play sept 5th three vs the brewers off on the 9th come back braves 3 games on the 12th they have a three game series with the pirates off on the 15th then its a 4 game series with the phillies then 3 vs the mets then 3 with the cubs and 3 with the astros

very similar ends to the year

id say stick zimmerman and rasmus

id look to go raz and buchholtz for holiday get him while hes injured and been injured see if you can get the guy to make a mistake from his frustration with holidays bullcrap

because i do think rasmus is gonna get mentally wore down at some point hes only 24 and that will be when holiday is at his best late down the stretch when u need him vs the cubs and the astros for your final week in the finals
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dubstar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:54 pm

whitheadsuxs wrote:just a thought but nationals finish from sept 5th forward 4 vs the dodgers 3 vs the astros 3 vs the mets 4 vs the marlins (little rough but not crazy this is to the 16th) off on the 19th come back vs 4 vs the phillies (okay that suxs) then finish vs the braves

and the cards play sept 5th three vs the brewers off on the 9th come back braves 3 games on the 12th they have a three game series with the pirates off on the 15th then its a 4 game series with the phillies then 3 vs the mets then 3 with the cubs and 3 with the astros

very similar ends to the year

id say stick zimmerman and rasmus

id look to go raz and buchholtz for holiday get him while hes injured and been injured see if you can get the guy to make a mistake from his frustration with holidays bullcrap

because i do think rasmus is gonna get mentally wore down at some point hes only 24 and that will be when holiday is at his best late down the stretch when u need him vs the cubs and the astros for your final week in the finals

That's a good idea, but it isn't going to happen. This all started because he wants Zimmerman, so he isn't dealing unless he gets him.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions