Hey Hey Hey..... I've got a good one - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hey Hey Hey..... I've got a good one

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hey Hey Hey..... I've got a good one

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:09 pm

10 team league. 5X5 rotisserie. I have a filled roster. Even good bench players. But I really need help in speed and some closer help. Here's the scoop.

This guy wants V-Mart off me. His offer was scraps. I upped it a bit.

Here's what I currently offered him. V-Mart, Pagan and Austin Jackson (neither of which are starters for me) for JP Arencibia, Bourne, Dunn and Sergio Santos. Dunn would be my only bench player here. Remember I need speed and closer help.

Is this deal worth it? Is giving up V-Mart worth it? It feels every last need I need. I'm already in contention. I really don't want to have to start BOTH Pagan and Jackson (borderline players) to try and attempt to get steals when I have better options.

Last little details:

Current roster: C: V-Mart and Soto
OF: Bruce, Mccutchen, Logan Morrison, Quentin, Moreland, (bench OFs: Pagan, Jackson, Heyward)
Closers: Perez, K-Rod
Steals options: Mccutchen, Aybar, Pagan and Jackson. Is Kelly Johnson a steals option? haha. Not legit to me.

New roster would be C: Arencibia and Soto
OF: Bruce, Mccutchen, Morrison, Quentin and Bourne then Heyward when he returns.
Closers: Perez, K-Rod and Santos.

Let me know guys..... thanks for all your help.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hey Hey Hey..... I've got a good one

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 pm

This trade makes no sense to me. You are downgrading in Catching, by a huge margin. You are are saying your trading two bench OF's for another one that is gonna sit on your bench, and add a closer when you already have two. This is a head scratcher for me. What are you gaining? Dunn? He's done absolutely nothing.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 pm

its 5X5 rotisserie. I am 2nd to last in steals. Bourne will easily make up ground for me in that. He would most certainly start. I thought I said that.

Starters would be: Bruce, Mccutchen, Morrison, Quentin and Bourne. (Bench: Heyward and Moreland)

I have two solid closers. While I rank 4th in saves, it is not by much. 7 saves separate me and the bottom. The 3 ahead of me are already separating from the pack. Almost every team has at least 3 closers. I would be certain to lose 4-5 points and finish possibly 2nd to last in saves if I stand pat. That many points certainly can lose a championship.

I don't want to get rid of V-Mart. I know what kind of downgrade it is. It doesnt make me happy. But one trade solving both my problems is about as good as I can get. Arencibia could give me most of what V-Mart gives me except BA. More than half my starters hit better than .290.

The big question becomes. Will Austin Jackson or Pagan be a viable enough option to get me enough steals the rest of the year. Bourne is on pace for 62 steals. That's pry double than what one of them would give me.

I'm certainly only considering this.... that's why I'm here and not accepting it.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Who are you dropping to make this trade work, and then who are you dropping when Heyward comes back?
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Heyward is a roster spot. No need to drop anyone.

To make the trade work I would get rid of Zambrano or Mcgehee. Both on the bench. I would like to keep Mcgehee but its certainly not needed. My CI and U players are a combo of Gordon, Lind and Sandoval. I could also get rid of Moreland.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm

FBNUT31 wrote:Heyward is a roster spot. No need to drop anyone.

To make the trade work I would get rid of Zambrano or Mcgehee. Both on the bench. I would like to keep Mcgehee but its certainly not needed. My CI and U players are a combo of Gordon, Lind and Sandoval. I could also get rid of Moreland.

This is making less and less sense. So is Sandoval occupying a roster spot too? And why would you drop Moreland over McGehee....... McGehee has done nothing.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Mcgehee would most likely be the drop. Man I appreciate you picking this apart but look at the whole picture and stop looking at what you just don't like.

Heyward and Sandoval are roster spots. There is no DL in this league. Just a 6 player bench. I only need to drop one player to make the roster work. Dunn may not be an upgrade right now over Mcgehee BUT Dunn's upside for a whole season is far above Mcgehee. I'm also using two bench players to sure up a much needed category in steals.
Giving up V-Mart is of course something most wouldn't want to do. But to get places you have to make things work. I've built plenty of winners before. Hell, the man reason I'm here is because I'm not used to looking at getting rid of an elite option.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lupus yonderboy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 pm

i like seeing the whole roster on these things, and that may be what's confusing ahcryky too, but here goes anyways (just for a fresh set of eyes to the conversation).

V-Mart for JP straight up is a downgrade, yes, but JP is a damn fine backstop, so it may not be as much of a downgrade as ahcryky is calling it. (catcher for me is a dump spot anyway). the rest of the trade makes sense minus dunn (unless you're a starry eyed optimist, which i'm not). if'n you've only two and the other tops have 3 or 4 you really do need another closer to be competitive and Santos is the man with the plan in that regard. what if you could trim it to Vmart and pagan or action jackson for JP, santos and bourne? no dunn involved?
lupus yonderboy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:42 pm

The guy doesnt want to give up Bourne. That's why I was giving both back. To help him ease the pain of the extra stolen bases. I'm trying to upgrade and get the best source of steals possible.

This is my roster.....

C: V-Mart, Soto
1B Gonzo
2B K. Johnson
3B Longoria
SS Drew
MI Aybar
CI Lind
OF Bruce, Mccutchen, Quentin, Logan Morrison and Moreland
UT Alex Gordon
Bench: Sandoval, Mcgehee, Austin Jackson, Pagan, Heyward

Pitchers: Hanson, Price, Liriano, Shields, Kennedy, Garza, Zambrano, Chris Perez, K-Rod
Bench: Peavy

Here's the roster. I tried putting what I thought was pertinent in the emails but I certainly like a new perspective. I'm trying to use my bench to upgrade to a starter that steals. You don't get better than Bourne.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby whitheadsuxs » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 am

what if u offerd him pagan and jackson for bourne i mean your not playing either of the 2 anyways

and bourne is def the best player of the 3 so 2 for 1 him and get bourne and play him for lomo in weeks u need stolen bases or mitch moreland if ur other guys are putting up power

na dont lose vmart for arencibia or for you to start soto

none of that vmart is infront of miguel cabrera in the batting order With him being able to dh hes always in the games hes the best catcher him or mcann with mauer being hurt
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions