Dan Uggly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dan Uggly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dan Uggly

Postby West » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Ok, we're all going through it. We're all out there, just trying to make do with Allen Craig, or Ryan Roberts, or Maicer Izturis. But is Danny going to give us anything the rest of the year? I'll be honest, I certainly didn't expect another .280 avg, or even a .260 avg. But a .501 OPS in May - that's bad.

I haven't seen him in a game recently, but he's obviously pressing at the plate and trying to do too much. His GB's are way up (46% to 39% last year and before) and IFFB doubled from last year (14% to 7%). I don't know what I'm trying to say here... I'd like to think he can turn it around, but we're approaching the halfway point here. Anyone have any thoughts on him?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 219)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Uggly

Postby DramaticChipmunk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 am

All I know is that this is bordering on the ridiculous. If this was anyone else, they'd be out of the lineup already, let alone batting 6th. The few times I've seen him on TV taking at bats, he's looked out of synch.

When I follow him on gamecast or fantasy cast, he consistently falls behind 0-2 quickly and never makes it out.

I'm very worried.
DramaticChipmunk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jpbusta » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:34 am

He's been on the bench in my team most of the season so far. It really sucks when you have to bench your 3rd round pick because he just ain't startable. I really hope he turns it around. I'm sick of seeing him go for 0/4 on the bench.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kab21 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 am

I have no idea what to do with about Uggla but I continue to hold because if he returns to his old self then he can make a difference in H2H playoffs. Somehow my team is making do (50-35-5) with Zim, Hafner, Holliday and Uggla occupying 2 DL spots and 2 bench spots.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 522)

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 am

Everyone can feel free to start him for this week. I benched him in my weekly Saturday league. 2/3 with 2 walks already missed.....
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 95)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:46 am

I traded Uggla/Nolasco for Pedroia two weeks ago and man does it feel good to be liberated.

I am living a Uggla free life and loving it. Pedroia is in the midst of a ~15/30 streak and its almost awkward having a 2B that produces. I was lucky the opposing manager accepted when he did. I am sure he would not have pulled the trigger now.

Adios, D. Ugly
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kab21 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:04 am

It's a dangerous time to be Uggla on my team. I have Hafner, Holliday and Zim coming off of the DL soon and I need to free up roster spots soon.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 522)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:02 am

kab21 wrote:It's a dangerous time to be Uggla on my team. I have Hafner, Holliday and Zim coming off of the DL soon and I need to free up roster spots soon.

Trade him before you dump him. Point out his ~190 BABIP and say how unlucky he is. Just take anything to salvage. For example do something like Cruz + Uggla for Josh Hamilton.

Go for a marginal upgrade, and play him off as the kicker. He is so bad.

God, I couldn't be more happy about my Ugly/Nolasco for D-Ped swap. Pedroia :-)
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jpbusta » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:40 am

Dan uggly had 2 hits and scored 2 runs yesterday!!

R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 pm

skjelstrom wrote:Everyone can feel free to start him for this week. I benched him in my weekly Saturday league. 2/3 with 2 walks already missed.....

I hope you guys took my advice, HR and BB so far today. that makes it 3/4, HR, 3 BB. More than I got out of him the past month that I started him.... except now he's on my bench....
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 95)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers