Joey Votto trade (WHIR always) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Joey Votto trade (WHIR always)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joey Votto trade (WHIR always)

Postby CyboNinja » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm thinking about trading away Joey Votto. My lineup is below.

12 team H2H 6x6 (classic +OPS and QS) keep any 7 players each season.

C- Wieters
1B- Votto
2B- Utley
3B- Sandoval (Polonco, Lawrie)
SS- Jeter
LF- Crawford
CF- Bourn
RF- Joyce
Util- Hosmer
Util- Domenic Brown
BN- Bryce Harper
BN- Anthony Rizzo
BN- Brett Lawrie
SP-Cole Hamels
SP- Matt Latos
P- Chris Narveson
P- Mark Buehrle
P- Aaron Harang
RP- Mark Melancon
RP- Fernando Salas
BN- Derek Holland
BN- Danny Duffy
BN- Tim Stauffer
BN- Jonathon Niese
BN- Kyle Drabek
DL- Wandy Rodriguez

As you can see my team is pretty stacked in both speed and avg. What I'm desperate for is more HRs an SPs.

The trade I have in mind is Votto + Jeter for Tulo and VMart.
Am I too sold on Hosmer already to be my everyday 1B (he has been a stud)? Should I target a pitcher if I deal him (Votto)? Or should I just hold onto him?
What do you guys think?
Last edited by CyboNinja on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joey Votto trade (WHIR always)

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 pm

I don't like the Votto trade for you at all. You're looking for HR's, doubting Tulo is going to give you any more then Votto when all is said and done. And Votto kills in OPS. And then you're gonna trade Hosmer for a pitcher? Who are you going to have playing 1B? V Martinez? I'd rather have Hosmer.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TrippySG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:39 pm

These trades make no sense at all. first off, theres noone manning 3B right now, which is ridiculous if you are trying get power by trading one of your elite power 1B options. Hosmer isnt proven at all right now, exciting yes but isnt going to land back anyone worth what he could be at some point. If you have plenty of speed, and want power, why not trade speed for power and land someone a little less than top tier
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CyboNinja » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Maybe I worded that wrong. Only reason I am considering deal Votto is because Hosmer looks like the real deal. If I deal Votto, Hosmer will be my everyday 1B. The trade I am considering offering is Votto+Jeter for Tulo+VMart.
If that trade goes through, Hosmer is going nowhere for a while.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CyboNinja » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:21 pm

TrippySG wrote:These trades make no sense at all. first off, theres noone manning 3B right now,

Polonco....
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TrippySG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm

My bad, I thought Polanco was hurt for some reason, must have been thinking of one of the other 30 (exagerating) 3B out there on the DL. I still thinks this makes no sense trade wise, not for th reasons you say you want. Yes HR production at a thin position is great, but Hosmer is too young to be considered a sure thing, he will be best used as a UTIL player this yr IMO while you have one of the best and most consistent 1B out there. And I would rather keep Votto over Hosmer any day. You have to keep in mind in a keeper league, not many will keep a SS not named Tulo, Reyes or Hanley, there will be options next yr to pick up someone better than Jeter. AAANNNNDDD since there arent serviice time or ADP restrictions on your keepers, heres how I see them going:

Hamels
Latos
Votto
Crawford
Sandoval
Utley
+1 other

I see those as being Lawrie, Hosmer, Wieters or Joyce...maybe even Harper even though he wont play a game this season and probably not until June of next season

Wieters is not a bad C option, and is finally starting to produce decently, may pick up that power soon. Lawrie will be 2B eligible, along with 3B next yr due to Yahoo's wierd eligibility requirements from previous yr stats. Hosmer may be the real deal, I certainly think its treding that way, but would in no way count on him to continue producing at his current level once he starts facing faimliar pitching at the end of the yr, when you will need him the most. Joyce could finish out doing what hes doing, which makes him more valuable than all the other guys as the +1.

I just dont see any sense in trading away your top HR producer for 2 guys who will get you 20 when you could sit stilll and ride this out. If it were me, I would try and trade away some of these highly sought after rookies, because since you have no penalty for keepers, you can keep anyone you trade for. Some people are so high on rookies for keeper status theyll take a potential for proven talent trade. That way you could maybe upgrade that SP staff and contend
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whitheadsuxs » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 am

yea id have 2 agree i say u look to trade hosmer to some guy who feels like you about him for a more proven long term guy

hosmer joyce for hunter pence
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions