CarGo for Choo and Pedroia? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

CarGo for Choo and Pedroia? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tommo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

Currently in a 12 Team H2H Points league with one keeper (Players eligible if drafted in 6th round or later). Been talking about a possible Carlos Gonzalez for Dustin Pedroia and Shin-Soo Choo deal. I can move Prado into the OF, and then alternate between Choo/Rasmus as my third OF. Is this worth it or should I just stay put? Thanks! ;-D

My team:
C: Carlos Santana
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Martin Prado
3B: Jose Bautista
SS: Yunel Escobar
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Colby Rasmus
OF: Andrew McCutchen
U: Eric Hosmer
Reserves: Casey McGehee, Hanley Ramirez (DL), Domonic Brown

SP: Brandon Beachy
SP: Roy Oswalt
SP: Shaun Marcum
SP: Jaime Garcia
SP: Jhoulys Chacin
SP: Jeremy Hellickson
SP: Jordan Zimmerman
SP: Edinson Volquez
SP: Phillip Humber
RP: Carlos Marmol
tommo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CarGo for Choo and Pedroia? WHIR

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 am

That is tough...not a bad offer for sure, just comes down to do you think Choo will turn it around rest of the season or will hit the wall...I own Choo so I am hoping he turns it around...DP is definitely a good player...It boils down to Choo and what you think his performance will be...is it a buy low in your eyes or no?

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=432739
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby irollaround » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:29 am

I don't think I would do this. Well it is pretty fair of a trade, Cargo has the potential of first rounder production, and I don't see that coming from either of the others.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=432696
irollaround
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

I don't see any reason to do this trade. If there was a need at 2B you should replace him with someone that is doing better. Prado to this point is a better 2B then Pedroia, so making the trade to pick him up really doesn't make any sense. Then to move him to the OF, replace Gonzalez with Choo, once again, doesn't make any sense. I say stay put.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tommo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 am

ahcryky wrote:I don't see any reason to do this trade. If there was a need at 2B you should replace him with someone that is doing better. Prado to this point is a better 2B then Pedroia, so making the trade to pick him up really doesn't make any sense. Then to move him to the OF, replace Gonzalez with Choo, once again, doesn't make any sense. I say stay put.

Is there any position you'd suggest I shop CarGo for? I just can't stand how inconsistent he is. He either puts up 20+ or 5.
tommo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Postby ahcryky » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am

If you were looking to upgrade 2B, you could shoot high for Cano. I don't think a Gonzalez for Weeks trade is out of the question. It might be harder to upgrade at 3B if you wanted to move Bautista to the OF because 3B has been really shallow this season with injuries. Being a keeper league but only one keeper, it's harder to trade prospects. Don't know what minor league players might be out there, like a Lawrie or Moustakis, but i would definitely drop McGehee for either one of those and they would be a 3B option to move Bautista to the OF if you're looking to move Gonzalez too. One 2B you might be able to get a little cheaper might be Kelly Johnson that is starting to right himself.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions