Sure-fire WHIR: How do I look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Sure-fire WHIR: How do I look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sure-fire WHIR: How do I look?

Postby Frappy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 am

Hello there,

The league is a 12-teamer H2H with a point system that slightly favors hitters. Despite some troublesome injuries, I was able to stay active enough on the wire to make a couple of good additions; because of this (and with a little luck as well) I stand with a current 7-2 record, and am tied for first in my division. I just dealt Russell Martin for Chris Carpenter in hopes of now being able to deal one of my top pitchers for some good offensive production while having some solid pitching to lean back on. Here's how my team looks at the moment (Salary Cap, and I'm maxed out):

C- J.P. Arencibia ($10/102 points)
1B- Miguel Cabrera ($39/215)
2B- Allen Craig ($8/94)
3B- Aramis Ramirez ($24/108)
SS- Jose Reyes ($25/218)
OF- Andrew McCutchen ($28/175)
OF- Jacoby Ellsbury ($27/191)
OF- Carlos Beltran ($17/158)
U- Eric Hosmer ($0/80)
B- Chipper Jones ($13/133)
B- Anthony Rizzo ($0/0)
B- Jemile Weeks ($0/0)
DL- Brian Roberts ($25/93)
DL- Joe Mauer ($27/12)

P- Zack Greinke ($22/70.50)
P- Yovani Gallardo ($17/148)
P- Michael Pineda ($10/157)
P- Gio Gonzalez ($12/127)
P- Jeremy Hellickson ($16/130.50)
P- Brandon Morrow ($17/70.50)
P- Chris Carpenter ($24/106.50)
B- Wandy Rodriguez ($18/98)
B- Ted Lilly ($20/91)
B- Zach Britton ($0/100.50)
B- Edinson Volquez ($11/56.50)
B- Jordan Lyles ($0/11)
B- Johan Santana ($12/0)

Right now, I'm trying to deal Michael Pineda in a package that would land me a must-start 2B or 3B. This is a high-hope type of scenario, but I've received valuable offers for the guy already, so I think it's worth a try. I have decent options at both spots in Brian Roberts, Chipper, and Aramis, but I feel like I can't trust any of these guys to perform. At the moment, these positions are big question marks, and I'd love to only have to deal with one.

How does my team look? Do you agree with my course of action? I could

1) Try to package Pineda with a current 2B/3B and a $0 producer (Hosmer, Britton, maybe Rizzo if he can debut with a bang) for a must start 2B/3B
2) Make a smaller deal along the lines of Ted Lilly for Neil Walker (I think I can pull this one off right now)
3) Stand pat, and make something happen with call-ups or the guys I already have

Anyway, thanks for the read. If you respond, I WHIR (I'll match the depth of your analysis as well)
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sure-fire WHIR: How do I look?

Postby citti34 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah, a better 2B or 3B would be nice. Reason being, you're ify at both... I think Pineda is a stud... Maybe offer Hellickson, Britton, and one of your 2B/3B for an upgrade? And then that will give you roster spots. I like having roster spots :). Are you punting saves? Or is that not a category? Is Brett Lawrie available in your league? Might be worth a roster spot of you make room with a trade.

Check out my team: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=432770&p=3413222#p3413222
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Sure-fire WHIR: How do I look?

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Here's the deal. I think you are certainly over paying for Craig. I would cut him and replace him with whoever you trade for. Ted Lilly for Neil Walker sounds like a steal. You certainly don't need Lilly. I think it would be beneficial to keep Pineda and go after Walker. That way you aren't losing that much of your pitching staff. Even though your league benefits hitters, SPs are always important in H2H. You need at least three really strong pitchers, especially since you don't have that front line #1. I'd say you have more 3 borderline top starters. Keep Pineda. There are only a handful of top 2B and they will cost too much or have too much risk to them. If the guy wants Lilly that much you can solidify your team with getting rid of a back-end fantasy rotation guy.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team