Mccutchen or Rasmus? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Mccutchen or Rasmus?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mccutchen or Rasmus?

Postby FBNUT31 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:29 pm

I am looking for opinions of these two players projecting the rest of their careers. Who will be the better player, why and also short term and long term success. Do these players have different paths or are they both five tool players? That type of thing.

I have Mccutchen easily rating out better than Rasmus the rest of the year but I'm trying to gauge this in possibly making a trade in a keeper league. I would be trading Mccutchen and would be getting back a low-end closer (fixed in his job) to help for the rest of the year.

Thanks all.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mccutchen or Rasmus?

Postby FBNUT31 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:53 pm

O yeah. Just to make this clear. I would be getting back Rasmus and a low-end closer for the rest of the year. I do need help in saves and that would help me out for this year but would I be losing out too much by letting Mccutchen go in the future.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Mccutchen or Rasmus?

Postby J35J » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:10 pm

McCutchen = better avg, better speed

Rasmus = more power, better lineup/team/organization which will give routinely better R/RBI chances

I like McCutchen short term quite a bit because he's more polished and consistant but it wouldn't surprise me if in a couple years Rasmus is better...but that's just based on "potential" upside.

As far as the trade goes it depends on how much this "low-end" closer will help you this year...are you in it, do you have a shot this year, is this closer going to put you over the top? If not then I'd probably just stick with McCutchen.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions