Trade Uggla for SP? WHIR,LL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Uggla for SP? WHIR,LL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Uggla for SP? WHIR,LL

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:29 am

I've been thinking of looking for something like Uggla for Chacin. The Chacin owner is looking for some power. Do you think this is fair return for a struggling Uggla? Should I hold on Uggla and hope his value goes up? I definitely have a stronger offense than pitching staff at the moment. WHIR,LL

Team
League: 12 teams, Daily H2H, 6x6, Keeper (3 players)
No innings limits
Roster Size: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batter Scoring: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
Pitching Scoring: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, Quality Starts

C - Alex Avila (C, preseason YRank=349)
1B - Joey Votto (1B, 5)
2B - Michael Young (1B/2B/3B, 76)
3B - Alex Gordon (3B/OF, 287)
SS - Elvis Andrus (SS, 100)
OF - Corey Hart (OF, 98)
OF - Bobby Abreu (OF, 117)
OF - Brett Gardner (OF, 120)
Utility - Justin Smoak (1B, 272)
Bench - Brett Lawrie (2B/NA, 1232)
Bench - Dan Uggla (2B, 34)
DL - Matt Holliday (OF/DL, 21)

SP - Cole Hamels (SP, 60)
SP - Brett Anderson (SP, 111)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (RP, 93) (closer)
RP - Jose Valverde (RP, 130) (closer)
P - Aaron Crow (SP/RP, 423) (closer)
P - Sergio Santos (RP, 381) (closer)
P - Anibal Sanchez (SP, 277)
Bench - Johnny Cueto (SP, 212)
Bench - Tim Stauffer (SP/RP, 225)
Bench - Francisco Liriano (SP/DL, 83)
DL - Brad Lidge (RP, 275)
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Uggla for SP? WHIR,LL

Postby irollaround » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:37 am

It wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'm not sure you would be able to get anything other than slightly better than wavier material and I'm not sure that it would be worth it. If you find someone willing to give you a decent deal or perhaps package Uggla with another person to get a good upgrade.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=432586
irollaround
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ahcryky » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 am

We all know Uggla is struggling. This might be the best that you can get for him right now. But I think you have to hold on to him, selling him very low right here. 1for1 deals for Uggla aren't going to get you much right now.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KaPluie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:42 am

I could also swing Uggla for Koruda, but again, relatively small return for what Uggla could be.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gbill2004 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 pm

I like Uggla to improve this season.
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm

I think Uggla will bounce back and contribute nicely. However, if you are intent on making a trade, I would go for Kuroda. He gets overlooked a lot, but I think he is one of the more underrated SP in fantasy. He will give you more quality then Chacin. Chacin would be nice in a few years but he is too young and inconsistent right now.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=432535
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby theblemishedone » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 pm

I like this trade for you.

Just be aware that they delayed Lawrie's promotion until his hand gets better.

KaPluie wrote:I could also swing Uggla for Koruda, but again, relatively small return for what Uggla could be.
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

sure, chacin would be a fair return, but i dunno if you'll get it on name-value alone. i've seen uggla cut in at least one standard 5x5 12 team yahoo roto publeague, and i figure the exodus might be coming as contending-ish teams try to maximize the value of their roster spots going forward.

in that league, someone cut kelly johnson loose and i was able to catch teh tail end of his hot streak and end up with a guy who has hit me 3HR in 26AB, but with uggla that just doesn't seem to be the case. he struggled mightily early in 2009, but as we got to june he was around 9HR and ~25-30 RBI, whereas now he's 7/16 and languishing in that atlanta offense.

basically, sure, if you can get chacin go for it.... i don't think you're risking too much by trying to move the uggla name, basically because people are starting to reach the point where tehy're cutting him outright, and truth be told i bet the same thought has crossed your mind before you started thinking "man, maybe i can get something for that dan uggla brand name" which is a line of thinking that makes me say "i like the cut of your jib"

having michael young at 2B helps... he has all that eligibility all over the infield, and IMHO, his hit-happy low-power type season makes him an ideal 2B if you're going to stick him anywhere.... so if the question is to trade uggla PERIOD, i wholly endorse that line of thinking when you're going to "sacrifice" something like "potential homeruns" --- especially when there's no guarantee he's going to make a mad rush to get back to his annual .250/30/90 type season... this year certainly looks like the year that uggla could struggle to hit 20HR for the first time in his career, as we're a little bit beyond the x3 multiplier and he's at 7HR/16RBI so if he continues that pace you're looking at.... 21/45? yikes. people were drafting him in teh third round this year, thinking that guy who hit .287 was here to stay and with his usual 30/90 power and a .287 clip he'd break 100RBI and maybe be a dark horse candidate for 40HRs... suffice to say that's gone.

so yeah, toss his name out there and see what you can get. maybe some idiot owner will give up something like chacin to you, and it never hurts to kick the tires on that, turning a black hole at power/2B/util into a useful #3/#4 fantasy pitcher (IMHO, chacin is a nice complimentary pitcher, but i wouldn't count on him to spearhead a staff at this juncture in time and space)

so yeah, i like the cut of your jib re: trading uggla, but alls i can really say is good luck with that.... i dunno who's gonna wanna buy low trading for like 75% of the value of an actually-hitting uggla just because they're on a holistic quest to BE THE TEAM THAT OWNS DAN UGGLA.

check out mine, would ye?! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432547
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions