Offered Granderson for my Kershaw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Offered Granderson for my Kershaw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Offered Granderson for my Kershaw

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:44 pm

I think Kershaw should net you a better return.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rasto21585 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:19 pm

So what would be a good counteroffer? Any suggestions?
rasto21585
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 189)

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:36 pm

rasto21585 wrote:maybe i should counter to get freeman and greinki?

thats a good counter for you, will he not accept that?

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rasto21585 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 pm

I was talking to the other manager and he said he would be interested in doing that trade. He said he could also trade reyes and freeman for kerhsaw. Please look at his roster and please find any suitable counteroffers for me to make? Thanks.
rasto21585
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 189)

Postby mhuhn23 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:33 pm

In a dynasty league I'd think of it like this.

Granderson: 30 yrs old, possibly entering his prime hitting years.
Kershaw: 23 yrs old, only 2 full seasons at MLB level. Has already proven himself to be the club's ace of their pitching staff, and will be for years to come.

I'd go with Kershaw.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:56 pm

If you can get Beachy with Granderson, i like it.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ATLbraves » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:45 pm

HOOTIE wrote:If you can get Beachy with Granderson, i like it.

yeah Beachy should be a great SP for the long term.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

yeah, in a dynasty you definitely don't want to make this trade. granderson is prolly having a career year (do you expect him to be a perennial ~40hr guy? i don't) and kershaw hasn't likely even hit his prime... i'm guessing the trade was offered right after that 6IP 5ER game he had last time out, so they're thinking you might be a bit down with kershaw and they can dangle a guy who has jumped out to 17 or 18 quick homeruns, but like, in the pantheon of baseball players, i don't consider granderson to be a for-sure 35+ HR guy year in adn year out, whereas barrign injury kershaw should be a top-10 type pitcher year in and year out for awhile.

as it's been said above me, if you're going to trade kershaw for granderson, you need to get some pitching prospects back. see if you can toss in an OF like brantley or a prospect like freeman with kershaw for, say, granderson-type and michael pineda... i dunno if there's owners out there dumb enough to wanna dump pineda in a dynasty league, maybe figuring he's pitching over his head and likely to fail (hell, evne in non-keeper leagues people might think that)... but like, you need some bonafide pitching prospect coming back if you're going to entertain kershaw for granderson.

you're in the driver's seat here, so make the guy squirm and ante up his offer. your offense doesn't look worldbeating and maybe you're behind to the point where offense is your bottleneck and someone;'s trying to take advantage of that fact coupled with kershaw's bad outing (remember, felix hernandez Himself has had a 7ER game this season) but like, as it stands DO NOT DO THIS TRADE STRAIGHT UP.

kershaw should be able to net you a better bat, maybe one of those 2nd-round-type bats like a more-aging teixeira or a prince fielder or maybe even an adrian gonzalez (find someone who thinks they're selling high, ha) but you'd likely have to include a bat/prospect with kershaw to do that.

long story short, str8up kershaw should be able to net you more than granderson. whilst he likely won't net you one of those 2nd-round-type bats i mentioned str8up, you should be able to use him as the centerpiece of a trade for a much better offensive bat than curtis granderson, who this owner is clearly trying to cash in on... as they see it, they got a quick 17HR in roughly 2 months and if they combine that with a solid replacement player, they'll end up with 30+ HR and ~100RBI while netting a cheap kershaw out of it. don't' fall victim to those nefarious plans... you gotta get up to get down, so get those trade offers up and up nad then get down, mmmmk?

check out mine would ye?! viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432547
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions