Roster Changes---WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Roster Changes---WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roster Changes---WHIR

Postby Bullatopia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:54 am

I'm in a Rottiserie 12 team league. I'm in 3rd place so far but I'm slipping in points by the day. It's very frustrating, I make logical trade proposals but these kids rarely talk and try to counter my trade offers for scrubs. Like recently, I know, I'm weak at shortstop. I was willing to give this guy Adrian Beltre for Elvis Andrus(shortstop off Texas Rangers) and he countered it for Ryan Theriot for Beltre. It's a ridiculous league to be in. Too much idiocy. They think I'm going to sell low on top batters.

C-Jonathan Lucroy
1st basemen-Daniel Murphy
2nd basemen- Robinson Canó
3rd basemen- José Bautista
SS-Alexi Casilla
OF-Matt Joyce
OF-Jon Jay (for stolen base chances)
OF-Carlos Quentin
Util-Andre Ethier
Util-Adrián Béltre
BN-Michael Morse
BN-Alberto Callaspo (2b/3b)

Pitching
-----
SP-Aaron Crow
SP-Shaun Marcum
RP-Leo Núñez
RP-Jonny Venters
P-Yovani Gallardo
P-Madison Bumgarner
P-Anibal Sánchez
P-James McDonald
BN-Cole Hamels
BN-Brandon Morrow
BN-Justin Masterson
DL-Brandon Beachy

Any help would be appreciated.
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roster Changes---WHIR

Postby Bolthead04 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Looking at your team, I can see why you're in third. It's a very nice team. I would also suspect the dropoff in production from a few of your players (Bautista has had a mild slow down for example) has been the cause of your decline in rankings (even if you haven't lost any place in the rankings) Anyway, the main thing I can say is that if trading isn't a feasible option in your league (I have the same problem for different reasons) you have to monitor the WW.

Catchers can be found on the WW pretty easily as people are only ever going to have one. You may even be able to find decent bats or streaks to ride as well. I suspect that's what you did with Joyce.

My other suggestion is to try and Move Annibal or Morrow for a SS. Trying to trade bats for bats is dicey if they're going to be a pain, but sometimes moving a pitcher for a bat might work better. It might not, but it's worth a shot.

If you can't get anything done, I'd say don't worry. You have a good team, and I believe you'll stay near the top for the season. Just because you're not moving up now doesn't mean you won't in the future.

Good luck!

viewtopic.php?t=432474 is mine if you wouldn't mind taking a look. :)
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bullatopia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks for the tips.
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Why would Hamels EVER be on the bench with a rotisserie league? That's just nonsense. I think you have some really solid pieces but have alot of glaring holes. You need either a SS or 1B and 1B is easier to get so I would concentrate on that. Trade a pitcher for a 2nd or 3rd tier option. Look at someone of at least Youklis's quality. Pitching can always be filled in. If you have someone that bites on a pitcher your willing to part with then look to upgrade the holes. If you can get one more legit offensive guy you could compete. GET HAMELS IN THERE!
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bullatopia » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:44 am

I have a lot of pitchers, some of them have starts on the same day, so I sit the pitchers who are not playing on that day.
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team