Ike Davis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ike Davis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ike Davis

Postby gbill2004 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 am

Whats the word on Ike? Will he be back this season? Can he be dropped in 12 team leagues?
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ike Davis

Postby CharlatanSin » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:15 am

I'd be shocked if he were out the whole year, but I'm not sure we'll see him until after the All Star break. By all means stash him if you have the DL space, especially if your league plays CI. He was in the opening stages of a breakout year when he got hurt. 25 HR looked like a good bet, with 30 a longshot but a possibility. Combine that with a .360+ OBP and 90 RBI and you're looking at a solid starter in a 12 teamer.

But if you're short on DL space, you might need to drop him, since nobody has any idea when he's coming back.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Ike Davis

Postby intense » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Mets hope to get Davis before All-Star break?

Ike Davis (ankle) admits that he has no idea how much longer he'll be sidelined.
"With a thing like this, no one knows how long it takes to heal," Davis said. "Hopefully it's next week or two days from now, but I couldn't tell you. [The doctors] don't know. It's a person-by-person thing." Mike Puma of the New York Post writes that the Mets are just hoping to get Davis, who was recently placed back in his walking boot, back sometime before the All-Star break. "Walking is not really painful," Davis said. "As soon as I start running, it starts feeling bad. I ran two days in a row, but every day it got worse and by the third day, it hurt to walk again and I had to shut it down. I'll take a week or two off, just to try and see if I don't do anything if it gets better. Basically, it's just a waiting game to see when I can start running again."

I dropped him in a 12 teamer where I didn't have a DL spot, I will try to grab him before he comes back if his rehab and such goes well, guy was a monster before he got hurt.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers