Apple TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Apple TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Apple TV

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Anybody have this? Can anyone explain it easily. Not sure I understand why it's better than just using my PS3 for Netflix and to play content off my computer.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Apple TV

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:36 pm

It's just another box to stream content, really, like Boxee, Roku, Google TV.

I suppose the advantage of having an Apple TV or any other streaming device for that matter, is in the rollout of services in the (near) future. For instance, Apple will announce the iCloud in a few days.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 pm

If you have a PS3 there's no need for an Apple TV. Most other devices like the Apple TV have the added benefit of plugging a USB drive (or streaming from a network) and playing almost any video or audio file. Apple doesn't have that so it's worthless if you already have a device that streams video content unless you buy a lot of stuff on iTunes. If I was going to buy a device only for streaming purposes I'd get a Logitech Revue. Personally, I have a PS3 which I use for streaming and a WDTV Live Plus which I use for video files.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 pm

jfg wrote:Personally, I have a PS3 which I use for streaming and giving away my credit card info

;-) :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:32 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
jfg wrote:Personally, I have a PS3 which I use for streaming and giving away my credit card info

;-) :-D

:-b Nah, I haven't given my credit info to them. I bought it when the network was down and I think I'll stick to prepaid cards...
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to General Talk