Order these prospects for 2011 value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Order these prospects for 2011 value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Order these prospects for 2011 value

Postby germani40 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Im looking to add 1 or 2 prospects to my bench. I want to add people who will be above average players by the middle of next year. If you had to pick a top 3 who would you go with?

Lonnie Chisenhall
Kyle Gibson
Brett Jackson
Matt Moore
Leonys Martin
Jason Kipnis
Neil Ramirez
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Order these prospects for 2011 value

Postby berrymyers » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 pm

I'd go Gibson, Chisenhall if I were you. Gibson almost made the rotation this spring and chis has a shot to play 3rd this year, he will be up in the coming month or two. Kipnis is another to keep an eye on but the other two will be better and have definite chances this year.
20tm dynasty 5x5 w/BB,HLD
5 SP,3 RP
C-Martin
1B-Morneau,Fielder,Belt
2B-Phillips,JWeeks
3B-Zimm,Sizemore
SS-Furcal,Aviles,Casilla,Cozart
LF-Gordon
CF-C.Young
RF-J.Upton
SP-Peavy,Verlander,Bucholz,Shields,Carpenter,Matusz,Teheran
RP-Pap,Valverde,Clippard
berrymyers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 am

Matt Moore way above everyone else - he's got the stuff to be a fantasy #1 and get drafted in the 3rd-5th rds every year

the rest of players have average upside - 8th-10th rd'ers (upside) - everyone is really close
BJackson - a little more upside than the others but more downside also - possible Drew Stubbs (low BA, 10-15HR's and 30+ SB's)
Gibson - a great combo of solid K rates and BB rates combined with elite GB rates
Kipnis - his SB's put him a little above his teammate
Chisenhall - solid bat at 3B but doesn't have a lot of power and he has almost no speed - not a lot to get excited about in fantasy
Neil Ramirez - could be moved up a little but it's also possible that he gets moved to the pen especially if Feliz moves into the rotation. And it's really difficult to predict who becomes the closer and who pitches the 7th/8th for several years.

Did not evaluate
Leonys - I know who he is but I have not studied him enough to have an opinion yet.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby KoolPapaBell » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

kab21 wrote:Matt Moore way above everyone else - he's got the stuff to be a fantasy #1 and get drafted in the 3rd-5th rds every year

the rest of players have average upside - 8th-10th rd'ers (upside) - everyone is really close
BJackson - a little more upside than the others but more downside also - possible Drew Stubbs (low BA, 10-15HR's and 30+ SB's)
Gibson - a great combo of solid K rates and BB rates combined with elite GB rates
Kipnis - his SB's put him a little above his teammate
Chisenhall - solid bat at 3B but doesn't have a lot of power and he has almost no speed - not a lot to get excited about in fantasy
Neil Ramirez - could be moved up a little but it's also possible that he gets moved to the pen especially if Feliz moves into the rotation. And it's really difficult to predict who becomes the closer and who pitches the 7th/8th for several years.

Did not evaluate
Leonys - I know who he is but I have not studied him enough to have an opinion yet.

It's for 2011 value. Moore is not likely to pitch a MLB inning this year.
KoolPapaBell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby kab21 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 pm

KoolPapaBell wrote:
It's for 2011 value. Moore is not likely to pitch a MLB inning this year.

Then I don't think any of them will be above average players this year.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby MorseOverTaveras » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 pm

You can rule out Moore and Ramirez as being relevant in 2011. Cubs say they want to take it slow w/ Jackson, despite their OF problems. Martin will probably be an August/September call up once Borbon gets traded, Chavez cools down, or Hamilton/Cruz gets injured again. Kipnis, I have read as being compared to Pedroia, in terms of work ethics. If I had to pick two, it'd be Kipnis and Chisenall, as both will definitely be in play in the up coming weeks to help out the Indians. Twins have no real reason to call up Gibson.
MorseOverTaveras
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Montana168 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 am

For 2011, it is Kyle Gibson without question. He is pitching well in AAA, and the Twins pitching staff is horrendous. I don't have the link off hand, but Gardenhire stated in ST that this kid will be in the bigs this year, but obviously didn't say when. IMO, we should see him by the end of this month, in July at the latest.

As others stated, Matt Moore is far and away the best prospect mentioned, but he won't see time outside of a bullpen appearance or spot start in Sept. if the Rays are still in the hunt. Could possibly be a long reliever like Hellickson/Price were??

My second favorite there is Brett Jackson. One of my fav. power/speed OF prospects in the minors and definitely think he can be a Drew Stubbs/Shane Victorino type player with upside for more. But I don't think we'll see him unless the Cubs have a guaranteed opening in the OF where he can play everyday. However, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him skip AAA this year and go right to the bigs in order to give Cubs fans something to show up to games for since they are not putting a good team on the field at all.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am

Not sure what kind of league this is but Matt Moore is definitely worth a stash if you can wait beyond your timeline. If not, I like them in this order: Jackson, Kipnis and Gibson. Even though Kyle likely makes it to the big leagues before the others, I don't feel his fantasy impact will be as valuable as the other two.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball