ALWAYS WHIR: Kemp/Pierre/S.Drew for Lincecum/Marmol/Rollins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

ALWAYS WHIR: Kemp/Pierre/S.Drew for Lincecum/Marmol/Rollins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ALWAYS WHIR: Kemp/Pierre/S.Drew for Lincecum/Marmol/Rollins?

Postby Millhouse » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:48 am

Mixed 6x6 keeper (OBP the extra batting category, losses extra P category). I'm tops in most if not all offensive cats -- Bautista, Votto, Tex, Kemp, N.Cruz, Weeks, Avila my core studs, w/ Sandoval coming back soon, Bourgeois coming back for some speed. In 1st place overall (05 total points, 2nd place has 98) while essentially punting starters by having all closers (Axford, League, Salas, Santos, Walden, Melancon)/and two studly middle guys (Mike Adams, David Pauley). have only one starter left after De la Rosa went down: Hanson. So, I'm essentially punting K/wins for saves/WHIP/ERA.

Was going to punt starters and deal Hanson but the Lincecum owner needs an OF and has offered this deal: His Lincecum/Marmol/Rollins for my Kemp/Pierre/S.Drew. My rationale for possible accepting is: I have Sandoval coming back, can plug him in at 3B, move Bautista to OF with Cruz, Rajai Davis/Bourgeois/Pierre. Can replace Pierre with Bourgeois. I'd then add Marmol to my stacked closer lineup and keep that strategy going (with plans to trade down the line if I need another starter or bat). AND, if Lawrie is even half the player everyone expects for the final 4 months, I might even be able to deal Weeks. And in terms of upside, I think Rollins/Drew are comparable, with Rollins a bit more proven (if aging).

So, in my shoes, would you lose Kemp/Pierre/Drew for Timmay/Marmol/Rollins?

Thanks ;-D Leave a link WHIR ASAP, I swear on the grave of Manny Mota!
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ALWAYS WHIR: Kemp/Pierre/S.Drew for Lincecum/Marmol/Roll

Postby whitheadsuxs » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 pm

na i like drew and kemp

your already throwing it away in pitching dont mess it up

agreed on the rollins s drew wash right now but since your already punting your pitching dont tweek it keep your offense strong and marmol isnt gonna make your closing that much better than what you already got
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Millhouse » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 pm

whitheadsuxs wrote:na i like drew and kemp

your already throwing it away in pitching dont mess it up

agreed on the rollins s drew wash right now but since your already punting your pitching dont tweek it keep your offense strong and marmol isnt gonna make your closing that much better than what you already got

Good points. Bautista, Kemp, Cruz, Rajai is a nice OF. Maybe I still just try to package some lesser bat (Pierre? Rajai?) with Hanson for an upgrade at that 4th OF spot, or SS?
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sigriffey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 pm

I love the idea of pairing Hanson and lincecum, but since u have kicked out the SP, I don't see thisnjiving with your offense first approach. Marmot is good but I would try to explore a smaller deal for him if u want him. If you DO want SP, I love the Timmy addition though.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby whitheadsuxs » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:16 pm

rajai hanson for some offers get hunter pence or buy low on shin shoo see if he turns it around some package like that maybe colby rasmus see if u can still buy carl crawford
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby germani40 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:04 pm

The shortstops I think cancel each other out both above average guys at a position that is scarce. You have a good outfield so I feel like this is a good trade for you. You will be adding not only a starter that you need but you will be getting even more bullpen help.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432426
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby r8rferg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:15 pm

I say go for it. You have enough depth at OF to spare Kemp and Drew/Rollins are fairly equal.

viewtopic.php?t=432435
r8rferg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:14 pm

I'd make this trade.

Drew = Rollins
Kemp = Lincecum (for the most part, given your OF depth)
Pierre <<< Marmol

I like (and currently also adopt) the strategy of punting most SPs for RPs, but that said, having a 1-2 punch of Lincecum/Hanson to give you some extra IPs each week is vital (say 2-3 of your closers implode and don't get another save opp). Plus you get Marmol who's filthy and gives you added depth if Salas/League/Walden lose the closer role (which is a serious possibility).

The loss of Kemp is hard but mitigated by your excess OF and Panda coming back at 3B moving Bautista to the OF.

It's a good trade.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions