H-E-L-P!!! Grabbing H. Bailey! Drop Werth or Morse? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

H-E-L-P!!! Grabbing H. Bailey! Drop Werth or Morse?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: H-E-L-P!!! Grabbing H. Bailey! Drop Werth or Morse?

Postby theblemishedone » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:55 am

Thanks for the help, Ant!

I took your advice and dropped Morse and I was rewarded with production from both Lind and Werth.

I am dropping Lyles in favor of Gee.

From there, Volquez or Gee will be moved based on the H. Bailey/Wandy situation.

BiGAnT wrote:Couple things...1.) I would rop Lyles even though you don't really want to..I understand a 2 start week is what you got but still...2.)dropping Werth is not worth it to me. He is too valuable, you just gotta give him some time..I do understand he is no longer in a powerful lineup but Morse isn't either and Werth is much more proven than Morse...3.)If you do not want to drop Lyles and it is between these 2, then drop Morse. Werth has SB potential in addition to the other potential that Morse has...gotta keep Werth! Hope that helps a little bit!

Help with mine? Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432468
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H-E-L-P!!! Grabbing H. Bailey! Drop Werth or Morse?

Postby theblemishedone » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 am

Thanks for the help! I replied in your thread... :-D

It's funny you mention it, but I drafted Werth in the 4th round (I looked). He is also the "least" performing in my lineup. It has been a slow but steady climb uphill for Werth.

I drafted Ichiro in the second round and eventually got tired of him and dropped him for Ethier, and I'm much happier with the results.

Morse definitely has holes in his swing, but we all see what happens when he makes contact.

I feel a heck of a lot more confident with Homer going forward than most, especially with the Reds offense behind him. My other droppables (Porcello, Baker, Gee, Volquez, Drabek or Danks) offer me more than what is out there in our free agent/waiver wire, so I'll take the points if not necessarily the win (WHIP and ERA don't count in our league, but IP, H, RA, ER, BB, HB , K, B, QS, CG, SO, NH, PG, W, L , SV and BS do).

I'm holding onto most of these pitchers because of their 2-start week this week (I'm going against the 1st place guy in our league this week), so points are crucial. Granted, it could backfire on me (heck, a "weak" MLB team is still an MLB team), but I like my odds streaming these guys for now.

Trust me. My league has some very knowledgeable guys, but when I see Aybar still in our f/a pool, it makes me wonder... X-I

sinicalypse wrote:yeah, no offense your team looks pretty rough and right now i wouldn't want to cut either werth (i.e. a guy who you prolly drafted at a decent place and now are in a dilemma where if you cut him you've wasted a ~top-10 draft pick and if you keep him like, what if he sucks all year?)

so yeah i'm not waving pom-poms for the michael morse experience, but he's hot... he hit an extra-innings grand slam today and given his legendary spring training power, like, i'd want to ride hot bats if i were you cuz lord knows you're going to need some hot bats going forward... at least you're in H2H where last week means jack squat this week, so if morse is hot and hitting 2-3 HR a week over the span of a month or so, you can hopefully use that to etch out a few wins as opposed to worrying aboiut his production in the relatively-long-term.

and homer bailey? i dunno about him... i always had him in taht bud norris / nl central tier of ballyhooed pitchers who finally started to show some life this season, but i wouldn't implicitly trust them going forward. sure, bailey looked liek a solid pitcher this year, but b4 his DL stint the cubs got him for like 4-5 runs and that offense is abysmal thank you very much.

in your case, man, you have many droppable guys... i'd drop scott baker, cuz even tho he's seemingly the most consistent pitcher on the twins, taht's like being the least-chubby guy at fat camp and i short of him giving you sub-3 ERA and a WHIP under 1.20 with nice K rates, what are you going to get for him? porcello has been nice but nothing special... dillon gee is just kind of there, i guess he's been OK lately he's had a nice ~2.80/1.20 over the last month with some strikeouts so i reckon you wanna keep him (even that's a bit of a reach)

so ummm, i think lyles gave up 4ER tonight to the mighty padres? you said it's a non-keeper and i think lyles is prolly a future bet... and look at bud norris for an example of how ballyhooed astros pitching prospects have fared over the last few years (granted, they're different pitchers)

so if you're some believer and you HAVE TO KEEP LYLES, then like, i'd drop baker... cuz i don't think baker is going to give you anything speical SLASH warranting keeping him when he's on a crap team and won't get wins...even tho i never play for wins with my pitchingh, i look at ERA/WHIP/K and racking up wins is perhaps the last saving grace when a pitcher/team is underperforming.... so yeah, i'll go with the crowd and say lyles, but i'd also keep a close eye on scott baker or rick porcello, cuz in the last month porcello has given you 22IP of 3 win 3.57/1.10 with ~10k in 22IP? that's nothing special. if anything, baker is 3.80/1.30 on the season (4.60/1.40 in the last month) but he has a better K rate, so i'd rank him over porcello like htat.

take a look @ my thread, would ye? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432547
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions