OF Crawford
OF Ellsbury
OF Bruce
Util Konerko
BN Choo
DL Zimmerman

SP: Weaver, Ubaldo, Beckett, Garcia, Chacin, Dan Hudson, CJ Wilson
RP: Street, Marmol, Madson, Feliz

The guy is desperate for a consistent bat, his Holliday just went on DL and he's struggling for a day-to-day hitter. Am I giving up too much in terms of Konerko and Ellsbury? Both guaranteed top 25 players this year I think.

But I get Cahill back, plus some power in Howard and if Prado gets hot, he can also be top 50 players. He's got 2B/3B/OF eligibility which could come in handy.

WHIR
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big trade - Need help - WHIR

Postby berrymyers » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:02 am

If Bautista is OF elig then I'd do this if I were you. Then you can play Baut in OF when Zimm comes back and have Howard at Util. That would make your lineup pretty sick. With Prado you can swap he and Pedroia in and out depending on who is hot at that time. Plus Cahill is better than Chacin. I think it looks like a good deal for you.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=432336&p=3410474#p3410474
20tm dynasty 5x5 w/BB,HLD
5 SP,3 RP
C-Martin
1B-Morneau,Fielder,Belt
2B-Phillips,JWeeks
3B-Zimm,Sizemore
SS-Furcal,Aviles,Casilla,Cozart
LF-Gordon
CF-C.Young
RF-J.Upton
SP-Peavy,Verlander,Bucholz,Shields,Carpenter,Matusz,Teheran
RP-Pap,Valverde,Clippard
berrymyers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whitheadsuxs » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 pm

make it konerko choo and chachin then you have yourself a steal your throwing away your only stolen base guy in ellsbury if your okay with that then the deals okay but the real diffrence between konerko and howard is small konerko just doesnt have multi million dollar endorsements deals

konerko is batting .310 to ryan howards .252 they both have 12 home runs konerko 44 rbis howard 42

konerko finished with better numbers last year

your main upgrade here would be cahill over chachin (but chachin is supposedly having his breakout year this year)
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RUnited » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Deal is pretty much position for position, but I'm getting the added position eligibility of Prado and the guarantee of Cahill's ability. I have been wondering if that's enough to lose Konerko over.

Chacin is supposedly having a breakout year, but he's been shaken few times this year and couldn't dig himself out of a hole. Coors is also a hitters' park and I think having Ubaldo alone from Rockies is enough of a risk.

My main issue is losing Konerko for Howard. Konerko's on pace for 600pts if he keeps this up, which I doubt will happen, which means we may have already seen the best part of his season. Ryan Howard hasn't had a full line up to hit for (Utley and now Victorino on DL). When the team is healthy, Howard could tear it apart. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I hope I am.

Ellsbury has been planned to go to my bench anyway when Zimms return from DL, so I'd rather have Prado on bench than Ells to use on other players off days. He's also streaky and could be good when he does hit.

I have Pedroia and Rollins stealing bases and I think that's OK, if not ideal.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions