How long can Anibal Sanchez keep this up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How long can Anibal Sanchez keep this up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How long can Anibal Sanchez keep this up?

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:11 pm

I drafted him this year and ended up dropping him after his 2nd start, and he has pretty much been pitching lights out since then. Do you think he will keep this up the rest of the season?

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How long can Anibal Sanchez keep this up?

Postby J35J » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 pm

If he can stay healthy and keep his improved command then yes, he'll keep up a good pace...the pace he's currently on, nah, but a good pace nonetheless. His velocity is a tick higher than it's ever been and his quality of pitches is better than it's ever been. He's always had the talent and has shown the ability to be a solid pitcher but he's battled alot of shoulder issues...which is still very much a concern and probably always will be...which is also why he'll be a good sell high before he tallys a lot of innings this year.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Re: How long can Anibal Sanchez keep this up?

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:23 pm

J35J wrote:If he can stay healthy and keep his improved command then yes, he'll keep up a good pace...the pace he's currently on, nah, but a good pace nonetheless. His velocity is a tick higher than it's ever been and his quality of pitches is better than it's ever been. He's always had the talent and has shown the ability to be a solid pitcher but he's battled alot of shoulder issues...which is still very much a concern and probably always will be...which is also why he'll be a good sell high before he tallys a lot of innings this year.

Yeah I agree, he has already been racking up a lot of innings as is. He's pitched 8 innings in 3 out of his last 4 starts.

I am just kind of kicking myself now because I dropped him pretty early and someone else in my league picked him up like a week later. Then he has an unbelievable May.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers