Seeking Pineda Trade Advice -- WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Seeking Pineda Trade Advice -- WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seeking Pineda Trade Advice -- WHIR

Postby Bolthead04 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm looking to work out a couple trades. I currently have offered Pedroia + Berkman + Norris for Verlander + Rasmus.

In addition, I'm trying to move Pineda before the people in my league start seeing professionals writing about Pineda possibly getting shut down. What caliber of play should I be shopping Pineda for?

In addition, I could add Pineda to the aforementioned deal to make it My Pedroia + Pineda + Berkman + Norris for his Verlander + Rasmus + ________ (His remaining pitchers are Lester, Annibal Sanchez, Jonathan Sanchez, and Max Scherzer) Of the 4, I think Scherzer would be the best bet to get the deal done and a decent return for Pineda.

ANYWAY! In summary, What should I try to get for Pineda, and if I include Pineda in my trade offer, who should I seek in return.

Thanks a ton, and WHIR 100%. I will have your help returned before the end of the evening.

My team and league details.

The league is 12 team H2H.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On Base Percent (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings

C - Brian McCann
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Mark Reynolds
SS - Alexi Ramirez
OF - Jason Werth
OF - Carlos Quentin
OF - Matt Joyce
Util - Lance Berkman
BN - Angel Pagan
BN - Nick Swisher
BN - Kelly Johnson
DL - Ryan Zimmerman

SP - Shaun Marcum
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Ryan Madson
P - John Axford
P - Michael Pineda
P - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Jhoulys Chacin
BN - Mat Latos
BN - Bud Norris
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Seeking Pineda Trade Advice -- WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks for the response to mine.

Of those 3 pitchers I would have to rank them(I would definitely take that trade):

1. Scherzer
2. Jonathan Sanchez
3. Anibal Sanchez

cant really go wrong with Jonathan or Scherzer though. Detroit just usually gives more run support.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby emeraldcitysaints » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 am

I can see picking up Scherzer in that deal or even j.Sanchez but A.Sanchez has a history of shoulder problems and may have trouble with the innings adding up already so I don't think he's a safer bet than Pineda. I think your first deal is the best and you should just put Pineda in a different deal.
emeraldcitysaints
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 am

Keeper league?
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:56 am

The reason I'm adding pineda is to help get the deal done. The other owner is hesitant, and I really want to get Rasmus and verlander.

Frankly, I have a bad feeling those little links to the experts are going to start saying to shop Pineda before he gets shut down, and I really want to move him before then. My league is hard to trade in, (only two have been done so far, and one was viewed as heavily in favor of the team I traded to. I feel I ended up getting the better of the deal in the end, but that's beside the point. (It was Ted Lilly for Angel Pagan who was on the DL at the time.) That said, if I can include Pineda and grease the wheels for this deal it's a sacrifice I'm happy to make.

Is that silly on my part? :-{

Not a keeper league. This is my first time, and it's a one year league.
First Year-First Team

Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GiantFanatic » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:05 am

Hmm... players I don't own are always harder.

So I'll be honest and say that I like what you get a lot more than what you give. Basically I think Berkman is at a peak, Norris is bleh, and Pedroia honestly isn't really that great (good for SB, but the rest is just kind of high average). There's no one to counter Verlander in here, so unless he's desperate and has SP depth I don't see why he'd bite.

Pineda does make it interesting... much more likely he might see parity in that and go for it. The question is really just around the peripherals of the deal. If you really think it's worth ditching Pineda (and I don't disagree on the innings cap) maybe you deal Pineda/Berkman for Verlander/Rasmus... it "looks" better for him, but I'm higher on your side. You could add in Norris or Pedroia if you want to sweeten the pot, but it's really trying to swap out an SP for a better second half SP.

You could also do Pineda/Berkman/Pedroia or Reynolds (god I hate Reynolds, dropped his ass to the wire) for just Verlander/Scherzer, which I also like (your SPs would be ridiculous).

Hope that helps. Thanks for the comment on mine.

GF
GiantFanatic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am

You want Colby cause of his 6 RBIs today :D
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 am

CyboNinja wrote:You want Colby cause of his 6 RBIs today :D

Been trying to pry Colby/Bruce off him since week three! :-X

GiantFanatic wrote:Hmm... players I don't own are always harder.

So I'll be honest and say that I like what you get a lot more than what you give. Basically I think Berkman is at a peak, Norris is bleh, and Pedroia honestly isn't really that great (good for SB, but the rest is just kind of high average). There's no one to counter Verlander in here, so unless he's desperate and has SP depth I don't see why he'd bite.

Pineda does make it interesting... much more likely he might see parity in that and go for it. The question is really just around the peripherals of the deal. If you really think it's worth ditching Pineda (and I don't disagree on the innings cap) maybe you deal Pineda/Berkman for Verlander/Rasmus... it "looks" better for him, but I'm higher on your side. You could add in Norris or Pedroia if you want to sweeten the pot, but it's really trying to swap out an SP for a better second half SP.

You could also do Pineda/Berkman/Pedroia or Reynolds (god I hate Reynolds, dropped his ass to the wire) for just Verlander/Scherzer, which I also like (your SPs would be ridiculous).

Hope that helps. Thanks for the comment on mine.

GF

He does have SP depth. He needs a 2B badly (only has Darwin Barney, who isn't horrible.... but meh) and he doesn't have sOF depth.

Here's how I see it.

Pedroia for Verlander

He upgrades Barney to Pedroia. Pedroia should have a decent Avg/SB/R/RBI just for the lineup he's in...
He gives up Verlander for Pedroia. (I wouldn't even mind a straight trade.)

Rasmus for Berkman + Norris.

Rasmus is a decent producer. Berkman would offset the loss of Rasmus in terms of replacing a player at the same position. Even if his power isn't there, he is batting for a decent average and accumulating tons of walks, which helps his OBP significantly (which is counted in our league instead of hits). He also gets Norris who has tons of Ks (over 9k/9IP) to help replace Verlander. Since his SP depth is significant, this seemed like an okay trade as it was.

Throwing in Pineda for Scherzer is just kind of a way to sweeten the pot a little bit and to move Pineda as I wanted.

I actually sent him three trades

Ped for Verl
Ped + Norris + Berk for Ras + Ver
Ped + Norris + Berk + Pin for Ras + Ver + Scherz
Last edited by Bolthead04 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Year-First Team

Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby backedup » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 am

Thanks for the help on mine! I think your analysis was spot on.

With the initial offer, I think you may be giving too much unless you give Pineda and get Lester (which he may accept after Lester's last start). I would try this and see if he accepts.

I would try similar combo offers to get C. Lee or Greinke if owners are frustrated. Cliff has been especially unlucky this year.
backedup
T-Ball Trainer

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 am

Offer him Pineda + Berkman for Verlander + Rasmus. If he doesn't bite send him the offer you mentioned with Sherzer out of his other pitchers.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions