My Putz or Nunez for his Berkman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Putz or Nunez for his Berkman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Putz or Nunez for his Berkman

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:23 pm

14 team, 5x5 roto, 5 keepers each year. C/1B/2B/3B/SS/OF/OF/OF/U/SP/SP/RP/RP/P/P/P/5 BN/6 DL

Team is doing well...could use a HR boost (aside from the early season damage my ERA/WHIP have taken, but I feel good in pitching), but if Abreu, C Lee, and A-Ram ever heat up I'd be fine in HR, but with Ike being out at least 3 more weeks PLUS Holliday going on the DL, I feel I need another bat...thoughts on:

My Putz or Nunez for
his Berkman?

I think Putz is better (better ratios) than Nunez, but Nunez might be a tad more stable, but as of now I'm leaning of sending him Nunez...thoughts? Plus any thoughts on Berkman in general? He hasn't homered since May 15th and also only has 2 RBI since then...just a normal cooling off period or a sign of his age? I've been trying to sell him (for the right price) in other leagues

C: V-Mart
1B: C-Lee
2B: Pedroia
3B: A-Ram
SS: Reyes
OF: Torres
OF: Granderson
OF: Abreu
UTIL: E Young
BN: Holliday, Belt
DL: Ike Davis
SP: Hamels, Cain, Dempster, Kennedy, Jurrjens
RP: Putz, Nunez, Salas, Crow, Rauch, Guerra
DL: Kuo
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Putz or Nunez for his Berkman

Postby baegames » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Be careful. Berkman #s in May: 262/463/415

Make sure that's what you are paying for (still good) and not the 765 SLG he had in April.

I would trade Putz for him depending on how important closers are. I would definitely send Nunez. I am a big fan of Putz.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=432277
baegames
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 136)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

bump...anyone else?

I originally offered Salas but he said Salas wasn't proven enough for him...although Berkman has basically had one good month in the last couple of years so it's not like he's Mr. Consistent.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby whitheadsuxs » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:58 pm

i dont no berkmans crazy year has came back to earth id go with putz i feel your pain on the matt holiday thing its killing me as well you can get jon jay for free on ur waiver wire probably and hes getting matts job for atleast 2 weeks and not trade anybody and hes been doing very well
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smoovethug » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Putz is older and more brittle IMO, so I'd rather part with him. Both of them have been pitching fine though and are equally as secure in their roles I would think.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Bolthead04 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:bump...anyone else?

I originally offered Salas but he said Salas wasn't proven enough for him...although Berkman has basically had one good month in the last couple of years so it's not like he's Mr. Consistent.

Nor is Berkman right now. He had a good month, and has regressed. He may have a decent Avg/OBP but his HR count and RBI count are very down.

I wouldn't trade a closer for Berkman right now if I were you. If you really want to, it's really personal preference. I don't think either is a better option than the other.
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Bolthead04 wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:bump...anyone else?

Nor is Berkman right now. He had a good month, and has regressed. He may have a decent Avg/OBP but his HR count and RBI count are very down.

I wouldn't trade a closer for Berkman right now if I were you. If you really want to, it's really personal preference. I don't think either is a better option than the other.

I am going to pass on the offer for now. Closers are at an insane premium in this league, so I am going to hold on until I get something I really want (although I am still going to actively try to sell Salas if I can get someone to bite). Thanks everyone.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions