Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL

Postby Eastman19 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh well I see why he excepted this because I think you got robbed. Cabrera's value is awesome right now.
Eastman19
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KaPluie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Eastman19 wrote:Oh well I see why he excepted this because I think you got robbed. Cabrera's value is awesome right now.

He's only worth what you can get. I don't believe in Asdrubal. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes the year with < 20 homers. Anderson has been spotty, but had an ERA < 3 before getting blown up by the Yankees a few days ago. We'll see. I think Asdrubal will continue to be a good player, but not a top-100 player.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:58 pm

KaPluie wrote:
Eastman19 wrote:Oh well I see why he excepted this because I think you got robbed. Cabrera's value is awesome right now.

He's only worth what you can get. I don't believe in Asdrubal. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes the year with < 20 homers. Anderson has been spotty, but had an ERA < 3 before getting blown up by the Yankees a few days ago. We'll see. I think Asdrubal will continue to be a good player, but not a top-100 player.

I like the deal. You bought Anderson at the perfect time, his ERA was 2.84 before last night. His K's are actually not bad right now and his division is nice to pitch against. Could you have gotten more? Maybe, but you needed the SP and you clearly exhibited where the league saw the value of Asdrubal. The trade isn't a world beater but it helps your team. It's a smart move. ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby chibears814 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:19 pm

I feel as though you could acquire someone much better than alexi ogando for cabrera. Some of the people in your league missed out if they rejected those trades. Cabrera is ranked 13th on the season in yahoo and has been awesome this year so he definitely has a high enough price tag to get a quality pitcher. Just keep shopping around till someone accepts is what I would do.
chibears814
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions