Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL

Postby KaPluie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 am

Looking for SP help, and I'm thinking of flipping Asdrubal for Ogando (I've got Andrus behind Asdrubal). What does everyone think in terms of Ogando actually pitching all year? WHIR,LL

current roster
League: 12 teams, Daily H2H, 6x6, Keeper (3 players)
No innings limits
Roster Size: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batter Scoring: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
Pitching Scoring: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, Quality Starts

YRank = Yahoo! preseason overall ranking
C - Alex Avila (C, YRank=349)
1B - Joey Votto (1B, 5)
2B - Dan Uggla (2B, 34)
3B - Michael Young (1B/2B/3B, 76)
SS - Elvis Andrus (SS, 100)
OF - Corey Hart (OF, 98)
OF - Alex Gordon (3B/OF, 287)
OF - Matt Holliday (OF, 21)
Utility - Brett Gardner (OF, 120)
Bench - Bobby Abreu (OF, 117)
Bench - Astrubal Cabrera (SS, 192)

SP - Cole Hamels (SP, 60)
SP - Anibal Sanchez (SP, 277)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (RP, 93)
RP - Jose Valverde (RP, 130)
P - Aaron Crow (SP/RP, 421)
P - Johnny Cueto (SP, 212)
P - Tim Stauffer (SP, 225)
Bench - Charlie Morton (SP, 889)
Bench - Travis Wood (SP, 303)
Bench - Francisco Liriano (SP/DL, 83)
DL - Brad Lidge (RP, 275)
DL - Phil Hughes (SP, 259)
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Asdrubal for Ogando? WHIR,LL

Postby jweb2244 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 am

I like Ogando but don't know how he will hold up, and in any event, I think you could get more for Asdrubal.

Thanks for help on mine.
jweb2244
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Postby rjforlife » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 am

You need pitching help. Asdrubal is expendable, to a point. But asking for Ogando is waaaay too low for Asdrubal at this point. However, you need to sell him quick because his value is as high as it will be the rest of this season, so it's time to capitalize. I would try to get a guy like Cain/C. Lee/Scherzer, maybe the owners are down on them. Perhaps the guy with Josh Johnson is fed up with the injury and you can snag him. Tommy Hanson is a superstar but people still don't buy his talent, take a shot for him. Maybe Gio gets bombed tonight by the Yanks, then try to scoop him up. Ogando has been great, but don't sell high/buy high, you can do better. I would also try a 2-1, with you giving Asdrubal plus a guy like Morton, that way the other owner can feel like he gets some pitching back and thus may be more likely to give up a better starter. Good luck!
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 749)

Postby KaPluie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

rjforlife wrote:You need pitching help. Asdrubal is expendable, to a point. But asking for Ogando is waaaay too low for Asdrubal at this point. However, you need to sell him quick because his value is as high as it will be the rest of this season, so it's time to capitalize. I would try to get a guy like Cain/C. Lee/Scherzer, maybe the owners are down on them. Perhaps the guy with Josh Johnson is fed up with the injury and you can snag him. Tommy Hanson is a superstar but people still don't buy his talent, take a shot for him. Maybe Gio gets bombed tonight by the Yanks, then try to scoop him up. Ogando has been great, but don't sell high/buy high, you can do better. I would also try a 2-1, with you giving Asdrubal plus a guy like Morton, that way the other owner can feel like he gets some pitching back and thus may be more likely to give up a better starter. Good luck!

Thanks for your help. With QS, W, and Ks as a category, losses not being a category, and no innings limits, everyone is super conservative with decent SPs. I've already been turned down on Asdrubal for Gio, Sheilds, JairJ, Hanson, Cain, Scherzer, Pineda, and CJ Wilson.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:17 am

KaPluie wrote:
rjforlife wrote:You need pitching help. Asdrubal is expendable, to a point. But asking for Ogando is waaaay too low for Asdrubal at this point. However, you need to sell him quick because his value is as high as it will be the rest of this season, so it's time to capitalize. I would try to get a guy like Cain/C. Lee/Scherzer, maybe the owners are down on them. Perhaps the guy with Josh Johnson is fed up with the injury and you can snag him. Tommy Hanson is a superstar but people still don't buy his talent, take a shot for him. Maybe Gio gets bombed tonight by the Yanks, then try to scoop him up. Ogando has been great, but don't sell high/buy high, you can do better. I would also try a 2-1, with you giving Asdrubal plus a guy like Morton, that way the other owner can feel like he gets some pitching back and thus may be more likely to give up a better starter. Good luck!

Thanks for your help. With QS, W, and Ks as a category, losses not being a category, and no innings limits, everyone is super conservative with decent SPs. I've already been turned down on Asdrubal for Gio, Sheilds, JairJ, Hanson, Cain, Scherzer, Pineda, and CJ Wilson.

Were those 1-1 trades? Do you think adding Morton/Stauffer/Wood could get a deal done? If not then you may want to hold onto Asdrubal, because he is not getting his fair value yet. Maybe you could do Asdrubal+Abreu to a team with weak outfield? I guess you COULD aim a little lower but Ogando just isn't the right target. How about Ian Kennedy, Daniel Hudson, Bills, Bumgarner? I think those are all good trades for you and could easily be accepted. I would rank them Bills/BumG/Hudson/IPK. I understand if you think those guys are a little low but their value is similar to Asdrubal and you desperately need pitching help.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 749)

Postby KaPluie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:01 pm

rjforlife wrote:
KaPluie wrote:

Were those 1-1 trades? Do you think adding Morton/Stauffer/Wood could get a deal done? If not then you may want to hold onto Asdrubal, because he is not getting his fair value yet. Maybe you could do Asdrubal+Abreu to a team with weak outfield? I guess you COULD aim a little lower but Ogando just isn't the right target. How about Ian Kennedy, Daniel Hudson, Bills, Bumgarner? I think those are all good trades for you and could easily be accepted. I would rank them Bills/BumG/Hudson/IPK. I understand if you think those guys are a little low but their value is similar to Asdrubal and you desperately need pitching help.

Thanks again for your help. I ended up getting a trade done where I give Morton and Asdrubal for Brett Anderson. Anderson's been a bit spotty this year, and blew up big against the Yanks, but I think he'll help my shallow pitching staff ... plus I've got Andrus to plug into the SS spot.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Eastman19 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 pm

I think that was a bad deal for you. I think you should have gotten alot better for Cabrera than Anderson. SS is a weak position. I think some of the trades that were offered that you rejected were better pitchers. IMO
Eastman19
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby KaPluie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Eastman19 wrote:I think that was a bad deal for you. I think you should have gotten alot better for Cabrera than Anderson. SS is a weak position. I think some of the trades that were offered that you rejected were better pitchers. IMO

I reject no trades. Those were trades I offered that got rejected.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Eastman19 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Wow, that sucks.. and they let this one go?
Eastman19
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby KaPluie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Eastman19 wrote:Wow, that sucks.. and they let this one go?

Trades that got rejected by the team, not league. Offers that were turned down.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions