6/1: Venting, Cheering, Granderson's Ding Dongs, Free Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/1: Venting, Cheering, Granderson's Ding Dongs, Free Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Other than Reyes and Ethier, who's the top position player trade target?

Billy Butler
34%
Jason Kubel
13%
Carlos Pena
3%
Rafael Furcal
3%
Carlos Beltran
18%
Kosuke Fukudome
3%
Elijah Dukes
26%

Total votes : 38

6/1: Venting, Cheering, Granderson's Ding Dongs, Free Trade

Postby CharlatanSin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 am

This season's flying by, ain't it? We've reached June 1st, a milestone for fantasy and real life teams alike. April and May are all about evaluation. Once June rolls around, teams need to start thinking about adjusting and plugging the holes they've discovered.

To that end, Fangraphs made a few lists of players who might have to set up mail forwarding for the rest of the year. Here are the players, organized by position, with their possible destinations in the parenthesis (the site itself has an evaluation of each player):
First base and Designated Hitter:

Billy Butler (Angels, Devil Rays)
Carlos Pena (Indians)
Jason Kubel (Blue Jays)
Josh Willingham (Rangers, Braves)
JI...JIM THOME (Phillies)

Middle Infield:

Jose Reyes (Giants, Reds, Brewers)
JJ Hardy (Giants, Reds, Brewers)
Rafael Furcal (Giants, Reds, Brewers)
Mike Aviles (Jays, Indians, Tigers, Marlins)
Jack Wilson (Giants, Brewers, Yankees)

Corner Outfield
Andre Ethier (Phillies)
Carlos Beltran (Indians)
Luke Scott (Rays)
Kosuke Fukudome (Giants)
Jeff Francoeur (Diamondbacks)

Obviously Reyes is the pick of the litter, assuming Wilpon doesn't find a brilliant new investment and make the money to keep him. I also don't see the Dodgers moving Ethier yet, even though the players are under direct orders not to let games go into extra innings because MLB's not paying for overtime. Other than Reyes and Ethier, who's the prize here? POLL IT. Any real-life trades you hope go down for their fantasy implications?

Speaking of the NY Mess, Ike Davis was one of the best value picks of the first month of the season. He twisted his ankle and was initially supposed to miss the minimum. That was almost a month ago, and now he's been shut down for the next three weeks and going back into the boot. This is the downside to using the ball boy as the team doctor to save money.

Pujols 3B watch: dude got his 2nd start and 3rd appearance there yesterday. Everyone knows that La Russa despises our fantasy teams, so I GUARANTEE that Pujols will get exactly 4 games at 3B this year. Book it. Not enough for eligibility but just enough to damage his elbow for the Cubs.

Happy birthday to Carlos Zambrano, Derek Lowe, Subway Series hero Luis Vizcaino, and former perennial post-hype sleeper Brad Wilkerson.

What else is going on?
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6/1: Venting, Cheering, Granderson's Ding Dongs, Free Tr

Postby CharlatanSin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 am

Them thar baseball games today -- The weather Zeus has in store today

Which games tickle your fancy? Matusz vs. Pineda out in Seattle could be a chilling vision of things to come for AL hitters.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 am

Trotting Roy Oswalt @ WAS, hoping he can show a flash of the guy I thought I drafted... :-C

Sitting (aka definitely start these guys cause they're guaranteed monster starts :-C) Brian Matusz @ SEA & Colby Lewis @ TB. A weekly 10-start limit is difficult to manage around sometimes, since I don't hate either of these starts... but it was start one of these or Erik Bedard vs TB where Cobb is likely pitching again, which I like better than Matusz facing Pineda fresh off the DL or Lewis @ David Price... :-C
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby jpbusta » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 am

It would be more than great to have Ethier in the Phillies lineup. Would definitely make up for the missing bat from Werth's departure. :-)

Boring day for me with no starters going. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

CharlatanSin wrote:Not enough for eligibility but just enough to damage his elbow for the Cubs.
genius!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 am

wrveres wrote:
CharlatanSin wrote:Not enough for eligibility but just enough to damage his elbow for the Cubs.
genius!

CharlatanSin seems to have grasped the poll function of the forums... when do you anticipate mastery for yourself?? :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:45 am

remind me again why we lock these threads at the end of the day? i dont see any benefit and the drawback is that East Coast guys cant comment on any West Coast games the next day (because who wants to stay up till 2AM to watch a Padres/Dodgers game)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:47 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:remind me again why we lock these threads at the end of the day? i dont see any benefit and the drawback is that East Coast guys cant comment on any West Coast games the next day (because who wants to stay up till 2AM to watch a Padres/Dodgers game)

I actually don't mind the fresh start every day. If the Cafe wants to maintain some sense of decorum, with its seemingly obsession with order, I will certainly consent locking the thread every morning so that we can keep this train rollin' down the tracks.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 am

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:
genius!

CharlatanSin seems to have grasped the poll function of the forums... when do you anticipate mastery for yourself?? :-)

what? the gas poll was the best poll evah!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:remind me again why we lock these threads at the end of the day? i dont see any benefit and the drawback is that East Coast guys cant comment on any West Coast games the next day (because who wants to stay up till 2AM to watch a Padres/Dodgers game)

because the day is over.

the Hot Stove Red Sox went 6/39 and had a 7.36 ERa 2.45 WHIP yesterday (only 3.2 IP) but -8 points. :-/

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers