Crow.. Is this temporary? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Crow.. Is this temporary?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crow.. Is this temporary?

Postby jruffus1 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 am

I just picked up Crow, but am speculating whether this move will last very long. I am so sick of sources saying that certain players have taken over a closer role and then that news going southward. I remember the whole Cardinals disaster, where I owned Boggs, Motte, Salas, Batista, and Sanchez at different points.

Do you believe that Crow will get a real chance to hold onto the job? Or is it just his to hold until Soria gets back on track (which will happen eventually)?
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Crow.. Is this temporary?

Postby Trebor » Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 am

Ruffus...thread compadre. we're in same boat over Crows value...Im still on fence about swapping Soria for him.

This article in KC Star makes me think its temporary, also interesting it was Soria who asked out of Closer job...

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/30/29 ... after.html

“I went to his office and told him it’s the right time to do it,” Soria said. “I don’t want to be (the reason for) this losing streak. The team is playing really well, and they need a man who can go after (the other team). Right now, that’s not (me).”

Yost agreed.

“It’s time to step up and make a change,” he said, “and let (Soria) take a step back and get himself together so he can take that closer’s role over again in the near future.”

Yost also says how he wont pile "consecutive days/innings" on Crow. I still like Crow as a flier pickup, but this isnt like Jordan Walden or even the Ryan Madson situation.
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 31, 2011 3:38 am

It's a matter of Soria getting back on track. If he performs well in a few non-closing outings then he'll get it back eventually I think. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the ride with Crow. :-)
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theblemishedone » Tue May 31, 2011 7:53 am

I would ride it and see what happens.

I know that Soria is in mid-tweek with his delivery, so as tempted as I would be to drop him, I know that's not the long-term solution.

Keep Soria and ride out Crow.

jruffus1 wrote:I just picked up Crow, but am speculating whether this move will last very long. I am so sick of sources saying that certain players have taken over a closer role and then that news going southward. I remember the whole Cardinals disaster, where I owned Boggs, Motte, Salas, Batista, and Sanchez at different points.

Do you believe that Crow will get a real chance to hold onto the job? Or is it just his to hold until Soria gets back on track (which will happen eventually)?
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jeffkoz12 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am

Crow is a temporary solution -- unless Soria can't put it back together.

Nothing to bet the farm on.
jeffkoz12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StealingHome » Tue May 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Prior to this season, he has been a stud. This is absolutely temporary, especially if they fall out of contention and they want to showcase Soria for a trade to a contender. This is the last year of his contract.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

I missed out on Crow in my league. I think he's definitely worth the add. What is Soria is unable
to "get back on track"? Unless Crow falls flat on his face this certainly could end up permanent.
fuzzeemonkey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jruffus1 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

StealingHome wrote:Prior to this season, he has been a stud. This is absolutely temporary, especially if they fall out of contention and they want to showcase Soria for a trade to a contender. This is the last year of his contract.

You mean... like Francisco Liriano?
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Postby Trebor » Tue May 31, 2011 6:27 pm

sounds like its a love/hate thing with Soria here. I think they have too much invested in him not to give him every chance to win his job back...but I just dont see how that will happen anytime soon. his velocity has been down all year, causing him to rely too much on his cutter. I think Crow is "temporary" but would not be surprised if he becomes permanent.

I have a hard time following the logic of all the guys who say hold on to Soria...I mean if we drop him, why would someone else jump on him after hes been beyond awful and lost his job? Unless you have super deep benches, or count Holds, I cant see any reason to REACH on Soria until he begins to show something.

Im gonna grab Crow, figure its his job to lose for at least several weeks+
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions