David Wright? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

David Wright?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wright?

Postby Acholder » Mon May 30, 2011 3:53 pm

I know Wright is hurt this season but I am 2-6 and really got screwed on pitching this year. I am in a 12 team points weekly lineup and thinking about shipping the season.

I just was offered David Wright for my 1st round pick in 2012 now by doing that I can move Beltre who is a hot ticket on my team and everyone is asking about and maybe get a better keeper in line for him.

My keepers in mind would be and we keep 8:
Cano, Tulo, Cargo, Beltre/Wright, Cain, Jimenez, Buchholz, Anderson, and my question marks would be guys like Vogelsong, Putz, Soria, BJ Upton.

The reason I name closers is because our pitching setup is a little weird it is as follows:
Wins and Saves= 7 points
1/3 Inning= .5
Hits= -.25
Walks= -.5
Strike Outs= 1
CG and Shutouts =5
QS=3
NH=10
Perfect Game=15
Lose= -5
Blown Saves= -2

So a closer like Putz last week got me 34 points.

So with all this said do you do a 1st round pick which is a 9th round pick for David Wright or is his injury to much that it scares you for next year?

Thanks and if you need any help with your team let me know and I will do my best to answer
Acholder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Wright?

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:39 pm

I'd absolutely make that deal. Wright for what amounts to a ninth round pick next season is a steal.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 am

I agree...do it and work on getting all you can from a Beltre lover...Sorry for the late response and thanks for your help/
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Acholder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Before I pull this David Wright move I need to move Beltre,

I got an offer today and wanted some opinions on the players being put it.

We keep 8 players but we also keep 6 minor league players

This player offered me Mike Minor (P-Atl) and Juan Nicasio (P-Col) for Beltre

Let me explain our minor league system:

You can keep 6 minor league players in your system, if they get called up by a team they can remain in your minor league system until you bring them up. At that point they start major league players and can not be brought back down.

During the draft each year we have a Rule 5 Draft, where each team goes through and decides if they want to draft a rule 5 minor league players:
To be Rule 5 you have to have 150 or more at bats and over 40 innings pitched anything less your player is safe.

So making this trade I would basically have the following Minor league players. Arencibia, J.P. (C-Tor), Smoak (1b-Sea), Brandon Allen (1b-Ari), Alex Cobb (P-TB) and Nicasio and Minor.

Thanks a lot for your help
Acholder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CyboNinja » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Wait until Wright is back before you trade Beltre. Beltre's value isn't going down anytime soon.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby Acholder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Cybro the problem is, I have no shot at this year anymore in my opinion at 2-7 and 6th in my division of 6 where only 3 make the playoffs. I also think that getting Wright at this low of a value is good value and I can hold onto him for next year, I have Turner on my team right now and could throw him in at 3rd for the time being. However I agree Beltre is valuable and that is why I am seeing if those 2 minor league players are worth it for him
Acholder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CyboNinja » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Acholder wrote:Cybro the problem is, I have no shot at this year anymore in my opinion at 2-7 and 6th in my division of 6 where only 3 make the playoffs.
There is still a lot of baseball left my friend and you have all year to trade Beltre. We're just over 1/3 the way through.

I have 2 teams and the one I care about more is just as bad homie. I'm sitting at 11/12 in that one atm. The other one is stacked so it helps ease the pain of losing.

Give it another month before you start selling off your team to upgrade your keepers.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions