Which Minor Leaguer to pick up? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which Minor Leaguer to pick up? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which Minor Leaguer to pick up? WHIR

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:42 pm

So I want the next big thing even though I am playing in only a 4 player keeper league...

Candidates to be dropped are: Adam Jones, Mike Morse, Justin Masterson

Here are my top 7 targets...Please rank them in order of most productive this season. and leave a link. ;-D

Dustin Ackley
Brett Lawrie
Desmond Jennings
Jesus Montero
Brandon Belt
Mike Moustakas
Eric Hosmer
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which Minor Leaguer to pick up? WHIR

Postby Acholder » Mon May 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Hosmer is by far the best in my opinion and they moved Butler to DH just to bring him up they have a big picture for him in years to come.

Belt Ackley and Jennings are all going to be in the big league by the end of the year if they are not already (Belt is) but you will not see what is worth keeper potential. I think the only person who is in my mind worth one of the 4 keepers is Hosmer.

I am saying this without looking to much into the names but I just know that Hosmer already in the league I play in is being talked about for years to come but we keep 8.

Help me out?
viewtopic.php?t=432050
Acholder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Hogger1 » Mon May 30, 2011 4:12 pm

I think it's Hosmer and it's not particularly close.

Belt has already stuggled and isn't starting right now and who knows when the rest will be called up? I think Lawrie might be close though. He'll almost certainly be called up soon and get lots of at-bats if he produces. And that's a deadly lineup right now.

mine: viewtopic.php?t=432044
Hogger1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)

Postby RowdyRed » Mon May 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Hosmer is the best.

Ackley and Jennings are the next best,IMO.
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby theblemishedone » Tue May 31, 2011 7:25 am

Ok. I would first drop (in order) Adam Jones, then Mike Morse, and then Justin Masterson.

I owned Hosmer in a non-keeper league, and the only reason I dropped him (I know- 8-o :-L 8-o :-L ) is because I had the option to grab Adam Lind off of waivers (I did) and 1B is fairly deep in my league.

I placed these prospects in order based on major league experience (if any), position needs, how quickly they might get promoted, potential in lineups, etc. I can't base future performance on past, so Belt gets the nod because he's seen ML pitching, but he could be overtaken shortly. :-)

I would keep an eye on Lawrie as well. In a very shallow 2B pool, he seems intriguing. June 1st is tomorrow, so good luck!

And the only reason I am not in need of a 2B is I grabbed K. Johnson last week. If you follow the D-Backs, you'll understand why I probably won't budge yet. :-D

Eric Hosmer
Brandon Belt
Brett Lawrie
Mike Moustakas
Desmond Jennings
Jesus Montero
Dustin Ackley

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:So I want the next big thing even though I am playing in only a 4 player keeper league...

Candidates to be dropped are: Adam Jones, Mike Morse, Justin Masterson

Here are my top 7 targets...Please rank them in order of most productive this season. and leave a link. ;-D

Dustin Ackley
Brett Lawrie
Desmond Jennings
Jesus Montero
Brandon Belt
Mike Moustakas
Eric Hosmer
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions