Big Trade: MCab + Rollins for Tulo + Hamels - HELP! WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Big Trade: MCab + Rollins for Tulo + Hamels - HELP! WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Trade: MCab + Rollins for Tulo + Hamels - HELP! WHIR!

Postby RUnited » Mon May 30, 2011 5:44 am

I've asked a question about trading MCab in another thread, and now I've found a trading partner who's interested to deal and I've made the offer which has been rejected so I want suggestions...

My offer was MCab + Rollins for Tulo + Hamels. He's a bit reluctant but is willing to negotiate. I have a Shortstop and Starting pitcher rotation problem. My idea is to strengthen my weak spots and use Konerko at 1st Base. I think the added points Tulo and Hamels bring can make up for the lost points of using Konerko instead of MCab.

His counter was: MCab + Weaver + Madson + Ellsbury for Ryan Howard + Hamels + Cahill + Soria + Prado. I turned that down already since I have no space for extra players and I don't need another 1B while I have Konerko.

I'm in a shallow points league, no keeper. Here's my team:

C Montero
1 MCab
2 Pedroia
3 Beltre
SS Rollins
OF Bruce
OF Crawford
OF Ellsbury
Util Bautista
BN Konerko
BN Choo
DL Zimmerman

SP: Weaver, Ubaldo, Nolasco, CJ Wilson, Dan Hudson, Chacin, Jaime Garcia
RP: Marmol, Street, Feliz, Madson

His team:

C Matt Wieters
1 Ryan Howard
2 Chase Utley
3 Evan Longoria
SS Tulowitzki
OF Nelson Cruz
OF Ethier
OF Matt Holliday
Util Gaby Sanchez
BN Prado
BN Drew Stubbs
DL Soto

SP: Halladay, Cahill, Oswalt, Hamels, Gio Gonzalez, Billingsley
RP: Soria, Perez, Hanrahan, Salas

I don't want too many pitchers either so added CJ Wilson to the deal for Prado, but he's turned that down flat....

WHIR 100%, please help make suggestions. Do I stay put or keep trying for this deal?
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade: MCab + Rollins for Tulo + Hamels - HELP! WHIR

Postby Trebor » Mon May 30, 2011 6:50 am

wow, your trade partner is asking for the world and offering crud. If youre trading MCab be sure to get a top 10 in return, NO MATTER WHAT. Honestly, I dont know if I would even do any trade with the other team. His top guys are all struggling, and judging by his counter offer he wants to put your feet to the fire.

If you are dead set on a deal, Id suggest dangling Beltre. with Bautista, and ZIm pocketed, you are overloaded at 3B. But I still dont know if I would trade MCab. Maybe just concentrate on dealing Beltre...maybe with another team. Sorry I couldnt be more help...your trading partner makes it hard! haha

thx for help on mine
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RUnited » Mon May 30, 2011 7:42 am

I agree he's trying to dump the struggling stars to me so I didn't agree to it.

I do need someone like Hamels though as all my pitchers are sort of struggling. Dan Hudson has sadly been my best pitcher for the last 20 days and he pitches for the DBacks so I doubt it'll last.

Maybe I'm overreacting and I need to wait it out....

Beltre is very undervalued in my league and I couldn't trade him for peanuts. I really like his numbers though and I plan to use him in Util when Zimmerman comes back.

That leaves Konerko on the bench and I've also been trying to trade him but I can't get enough value for it either... Only 1-2 guys in the league has a need for Konerko (it's a shallow league), so it's not easy to deal him out for a better pitcher...
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jpbusta » Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 am

You could definitely use some help with an ace. Especially the way Ubaldo's performing.

I'd definitely try to get Hamels if you can. Find out who it is that he really wants from you and try to sell high in package deal.

You definitely don't need Prado so don't put him in the deal.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RUnited » Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 pm

He wants Ellsbury and Konerko... who do do I try to pull from him if I give up Ellsbury and Konerko??
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Mon May 30, 2011 1:22 pm

RUnited wrote:He wants Ellsbury and Konerko... who do do I try to pull from him if I give up Ellsbury and Konerko??

Well is he really willing to trade Hamels and/or Tulor or not? They're the people you've targeted and need to know if he's just going to keep making crazy counters or if he's really willing to deal. Also, would you rather have Tulo or Hamels because I don't see you two working out a deal that gives you both. Just to be clear, he'd rather have Konerko than Mcab?
fuzzeemonkey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jruffus1 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Your offer was good enough. If he doesn't want to accept it then thats his problem.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 103)

Postby RUnited » Mon May 30, 2011 9:23 pm

fuzzeemonkey wrote:
RUnited wrote:He wants Ellsbury and Konerko... who do do I try to pull from him if I give up Ellsbury and Konerko??

Well is he really willing to trade Hamels and/or Tulor or not? They're the people you've targeted and need to know if he's just going to keep making crazy counters or if he's really willing to deal. Also, would you rather have Tulo or Hamels because I don't see you two working out a deal that gives you both. Just to be clear, he'd rather have Konerko than Mcab?

He was close to giving up Tulo and Hamels for MCab and Rollins, but he's stuck on Rollins being an old git with no real upside - which is true. So I told him I'm not giving up Miggy for any less than this.

A negotiating point is to offer Konerko and Ellsbury instead as he's also interested in both, but I don't know what I should ask for that provides the same value back.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions