autodraft mishap - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

autodraft mishap

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby just_A_girl » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:44 pm

chavez for mussina?
Bear in mind, I've been trying to get a life...
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

chavez for Mussina

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:00 pm

that sounds about right. I just traded away Chavez for B. Colon. I think Colon is gonna have a better year than Mussina. I think you should trade Rolen for Vasquez.
RR
Ridgerunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Entropy! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:02 am

Definitely try to get Vazquez or Prior. If that means dealing Rolen instead of Chavez (oh, the horror!) then do it. I'd even offer a 2-for-1 package of Rolen or Chavez plus someone else for Vazquez or Prior. In fact, with Prior's injury woes, you might be able to steal him for less than he's really worth. Of course, you gotta hope that he's healthy by May, but it's a chance worth taking, in my book. You've still got enough quality spare parts to make some other deals.

Mussina is good, but I wouldn't do Rolen or Chavez straight up for him at this point. A package involving Hinske or Ensberg is the deal you should make for Moose right now. Until Moose shows you he's back on track, Chavez AND Tejada would be a SEVERE case of overpaying.
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Entropy! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 am

Just looked at your RPs again, and you might want to try strengtheniing your closers too, either by adding a closer or by upgrading. Rhodes is unproven AND having a horrible spring, and Izzy always seems to get hurt for part of the season. Both of them will still end up giving you decent numbers by the end of the year, but adding a 3rd closer would be a solid idea. WOrrell, obviously, won't cut it. But if he has any other solid closers, look into it. Chavez and Tejada for Mussina and Gagne/Wagner/Smoltz? I'd do that.

If this other manager drafted Worrell, odds are he forgot about the move to the Phils and is trying to correct his mistake - by finding someone else as stupid as he was. I doubt he was doing it to insult you, but you can't blame a guy for trying to get a good deal for his team. Doesn't mean you have to fall for it. :-)
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:01 pm

I'd be a little gun shy about trading for prior. i'm not convinced he'll be back in may. but vazquez would be nice. this guy who made the offer has only one legitimate closer in troy percival, so yeah, he probably forgot about middle relievers' relative worthlessness in fantasy. at this point i'd be loath to give up tejada and chavez. i'm kind of tempted to sit pat and see what my offense would do. is there anyone on my roster that i could easily drop for a waiver pitcher?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team