of-crawford
of-podsednik
util-chavez
util-jeter
bench- m. ensberg, r. durham, c. floyd, e. hinske, j. phillips

and now the bad news:
SP's: oswalt, batista, pavano, harden, peavy
RP's: isringhausen, rhodes

what should i do? i've been trying to trade ensberg, durham and chavez for pitching, but so far, no takers.
Bear in mind, I've been trying to get a life...
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giants8307 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:29 am

Maybe shop rolen and tejada too, since you have capable backups there(not a huge jeter fan though). Or you could just watch your offense dominate!
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:09 pm

Trade some speed. You don't need Pods, Crawford, Castillo and Jeter in your lineup. Jeter or Crawford could catch a nice SP
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Entropy! » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:24 pm

You've got some AMAZING depth at 3B, and merely great depth at SS. You're also going to finish tops in steals by a huge margin. My advice? Don't panic. The season hasn't even started yet (Tokyo aside, of course). If you've got that kind of depth at 3B and SS, then that means SOMEONE in your league is probably going to be hurting at at least one of those slots before too long. Be patient, don't let 'em go in a desperate move to get a SP, and let them come to you. You'll be KILLING the league offensively in the meantime, and eventually other managers will realize that Joe Crede and Khalil Greene and Bobby Crosby and the like just won't cut it all season long.

DON'T settle for less than what these guys are worth.

DO make sure that you get at least one SP in return who can OBVIOUSLY, CLEARLY, and 100% CERTAINLY be considered better than anyone on your staff except Oswalt. You should be able to turn some combination of Chavez, Ensburg, Jeter, Crawford, Podesnick, and Durham into a substantial upgrade at both SP and RP. Just be patient and let them come to you.
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby just_A_girl » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:36 pm

Thanks everyone for all the advice.
Is there anyone I can afford to drop for pitching? available pitchers on waivers include: tom glavine, kyle lohse, kaz ishii, victor zambrano, brandon claussen, darrel may
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion

Postby afromangettindrunk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:51 pm

Entropy! wrote:You've got some AMAZING depth at 3B, and merely great depth at SS. You're also going to finish tops in steals by a huge margin. My advice? Don't panic. The season hasn't even started yet (Tokyo aside, of course). If you've got that kind of depth at 3B and SS, then that means SOMEONE in your league is probably going to be hurting at at least one of those slots before too long. Be patient, don't let 'em go in a desperate move to get a SP, and let them come to you. You'll be KILLING the league offensively in the meantime, and eventually other managers will realize that Joe Crede and Khalil Greene and Bobby Crosby and the like just won't cut it all season long.

DON'T settle for less than what these guys are worth.

DO make sure that you get at least one SP in return who can OBVIOUSLY, CLEARLY, and 100% CERTAINLY be considered better than anyone on your staff except Oswalt. You should be able to turn some combination of Chavez, Ensburg, Jeter, Crawford, Podesnick, and Durham into a substantial upgrade at both SP and RP. Just be patient and let them come to you.

exactly what he said! ;-D
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Entropy! » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:28 am

I'd drop Pavano for Lohse yesterday, if not sooner.
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:02 pm

Amazing offense and great depth at two tough positions to fill 3rd & SS. Post on your board that you are looking for pitching and see what offers you receive. Don't panic and don't settle either. Which other SP/RP's can you pick up on the wire?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby just_A_girl » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:17 pm

well, one offer has come to me: tejada and chavez for mussina and tim worrell. perhaps the other manager is unaware that the phils plan to use worrell in a setup role and did not mean to offend. not sure how to counter the offer. his starters: mussina, vazquez, brown, penny, prior, radke, f. garcia.

aside from the guys i mentioned earlier, our waiver wire has russ ortiz, john thomson, and a few possible sleepers like jeremy affeldt.
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion

Postby leafz17 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:20 pm

Like others have said, you have amazing depth at 3B. You really need to get a quality pitcher for one of these. These are good players, get a pitcher for what they are worth.
leafz17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team