Hanley and Coco for Tulowitzki?? WHIR guaranteed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hanley and Coco for Tulowitzki?? WHIR guaranteed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hanley and Coco for Tulowitzki?? WHIR guaranteed

Postby jasonpm311 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 am

It's a 12-team H2H mixed keeper league; cats are: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG---K, QS, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

I give: Hanley and Coco Crisp
I get: Tulowitzki

I have Victorino coming off the DL, and have been contemplating jumping ship on Hanley all year. I could use the power upgrade, and he could use the speed. Should I do it? Is Tulo a more legit keeper than Hanley? On a side note, I'm in first place, and am trying to win this year...if that matters for your opinion on this deal. Thanks! Post your links so I can help in return.
jasonpm311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hanley and Coco for Tulowitzki?? WHIR guaranteed

Postby VitiumCloud » Sun May 29, 2011 11:16 am

I'd stick with Hanley. I still think he is the best SS in the game, and I think you'll start to see a rebound pretty quickly with most of his numbers, but batting .avg will be sub .300. That is A LOT of speed to give up for an unequal gain in power. Also, in almost no situations do I condone trading a first round pick, especially when you are in first place. There must have been something about HanRam that made you believe he was the better pick, and you should stick with your gut.

My topic:
viewtopic.php?t=431941
VitiumCloud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jasonpm311 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks for the input. Hopefully my response to your post helped. I actually inherited Hanley from a team I took over a few years ago. I don't disagree that he's a stud--obviously I've kept him--but you don't think Tulo is an upgrade? He seems so much more consistent than Hanley. Hanley declined last year, and that's done nothing but continue into this year. You still say hang on to HanRam though?
jasonpm311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby VitiumCloud » Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 am

jasonpm311 wrote:Thanks for the input. Hopefully my response to your post helped. I actually inherited Hanley from a team I took over a few years ago. I don't disagree that he's a stud--obviously I've kept him--but you don't think Tulo is an upgrade? He seems so much more consistent than Hanley. Hanley declined last year, and that's done nothing but continue into this year. You still say hang on to HanRam though?

Well, the numbers are what they are, to use a form of cognitive dissonance... On paper, it's pretty much a wash, depending on what your team needs the most (over careers). There are two intangible factors which sway my decision. #1 I think HanRam is a better athlete, so he will be able to survive longer in the troubled position. #2 Tulo just got a HUGE contract and I don't like owning players that just got paid. There is a huge list historically of players whose production just plummet after they get paid, regardless of the sport.
Last edited by VitiumCloud on Sun May 29, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
VitiumCloud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RUnited » Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for your reply on mine. Now I see why you suggested to try for a Tulo trade - as you're also trying to get him. Haha.

I'm not familiar with how a keeper's league works, so I can only offer advise from a non-keeper league perspective.

My take is HanRam still has a better season ahead of him. Tulo was very hot in April - maybe too hot. He's known to be very streaky and at the moment it's not looking that good. Even if Tulo has another hot streak I doubt he will be as strong as HanRam the rest of the way... or they'll both run very close with each other.

I agree somewhat with what the poster above said, there's a reason you picked HanRam and you should stick with it.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby misterf » Sun May 29, 2011 1:41 pm

thanks for the help with mine.

You're talking about 1 and 1A at a scarce position (both for this year and as keepers). And I expect both to be 1st round guys for the next few years at least. They are both approx the same age...so that isn't the issue.

I'm not sure why you are having to tadd Crisp into the deal....I think the general concensus would rate HanRam very slightly ahead of Tulo...even with the slow start for HanRam.....especially since Tulo has had a rough May. But that doesn't really matter.....Crisp isn't really a concern in this deal. Crisp is expendable. I am basibally ignoring Crisp and just looking at which SS is best for you.

If I were re-drafting for a keeper league today, I don't know who I would rank ahead of the other. So it really comes down to which stats you need most. Tulo will give you more home runs and rbi's....HanRam will give you more steals. I can't see your whole team, so I can't answer that question for you......but that is how I would make the decision.

If the speed/power thing doesn't clearly answer the question for you (i.e. you need a lot of help with both speed and power.......or if you are already solid in both areas)......then just go with whichever guys you like the most. The are both going to be putting up great numbers for years to come......so even if you decision is based only on the fact that you have had HanRam for a few years and you have gotten tired of him so you want Tulo instead you couldn't go too wrong.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 54)

Postby ahcryky » Sun May 29, 2011 1:50 pm

This trade is pretty much a wash........ Are you just trying to make a trade to open up a roster spot? As for power, Tulo only hit 6 more HR's then Hanley last year.... And that was even with the tear he went on last September when he hit 15 HR's........
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby VitiumCloud » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Crisp is a top 100 player... you need to show him more love.
VitiumCloud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Sun May 29, 2011 2:02 pm

VitiumCloud wrote:Crisp is a top 100 player... you need to show him more love.

That's some funny stuff........ Maybe when he is actually on the field......... I think I'll go pick up Crisp off the waivers and get me a pitcher in the top 100.........
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby VitiumCloud » Sun May 29, 2011 2:13 pm

ahcryky wrote:
VitiumCloud wrote:Crisp is a top 100 player... you need to show him more love.

That's some funny stuff........ Maybe when he is actually on the field......... I think I'll go pick up Crisp off the waivers and get me a pitcher in the top 100.........

He has 180 at bats which is more that Miggy, so he obviously gets enough playing time, and hes ranked 96 overall in my Yahoo league right now... that is not a joke, show some respect.
VitiumCloud
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions