Lawrie up anytime soon? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lawrie up anytime soon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lawrie up anytime soon?

Postby mojoorising » Sun May 29, 2011 8:32 am

Really could use some 2B help was wondering if this guy is coming up anytime soon wanna snatch him up before anyone else.
mojoorising
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lawrie up anytime soon?

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun May 29, 2011 9:25 am

I imagine Toronto is being smart and waiting for his Super 2 status to be washed away. It will probably be a few more weeks.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Millhouse » Sun May 29, 2011 10:06 am

Both Encarnacion and McDonald are not only banged up, but they're SUCKING. As is Nix. Rea don Rotoworld, I believe, that Jays 2B/3B are amazingly like 0h -for-40 something the last few games. I think Lawrie is here sooner than later, mid-June.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby Millhouse » Sun May 29, 2011 10:10 am

Here's that Rotoworld stat:

The Blue Jays' third basemen have gone an astounding 0-for-45 over Toronto's past 13 games. Over that time-frame, Jayson Nix is 0-for-22, John McDonald 0-for-18 and Edwin Encarnacion 0-for-5. On the year, Nix is now hitting .164, McDonald .222 and Encarnacion .236. For the season, the Blue Jays' third basemen entered Saturday the owners of a combined .170/.227/.266 slash. Meanwhile, down on the farm, Brett Lawrie continues to abuse Pacific Coast League pitching for Triple-A Las Vegas, batting .341 to go along with 12 home runs, 17 doubles, three triples, 40 RBI and a .403 OBP through his first 234 plate appearances. It's only a matter of time before he gets the call to the big leagues.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hett2333 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 am

Millhouse wrote:Here's that Rotoworld stat:

The Blue Jays' third basemen have gone an astounding 0-for-45 over Toronto's past 13 games. Over that time-frame, Jayson Nix is 0-for-22, John McDonald 0-for-18 and Edwin Encarnacion 0-for-5. On the year, Nix is now hitting .164, McDonald .222 and Encarnacion .236. For the season, the Blue Jays' third basemen entered Saturday the owners of a combined .170/.227/.266 slash. Meanwhile, down on the farm, Brett Lawrie continues to abuse Pacific Coast League pitching for Triple-A Las Vegas, batting .341 to go along with 12 home runs, 17 doubles, three triples, 40 RBI and a .403 OBP through his first 234 plate appearances. It's only a matter of time before he gets the call to the big leagues.

I believe Lawrie hit two more homers last night raising his avg to .350.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun May 29, 2011 11:21 am

raiders_umpire wrote:I imagine Toronto is being smart and waiting for his Super 2 status to be washed away. It will probably be a few more weeks.

Yep, no point in Toronto calling him up any sooner, regardless of the fact he's better than their entire lineup minus Lind and Bautista.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby rib217 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:33 pm

What does Lawrie profile as? Speed, Avg, Power?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby mt99808 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 pm

rib217 wrote:What does Lawrie profile as? Speed, Avg, Power?

yes, yes, yes
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Millhouse » Sun May 29, 2011 2:19 pm

This is what blows about super 2: smaller market teams having to suffer through bums like EE and McDonald when they have a potential superstar who would sell tickets, improve the offense, just rotting away at another level which he's dominated. I mean, the Jays are only what, 3.5 games out of first.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Camaroballa22 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:07 pm

im really salivating over this guy!!
I can't wait for his callup
Looks like his power never was elite before this year.
Including this year he still only has 35 hr's and 60 steals (about a 67-68% success rate) in 1300 plate appearances.
However, this year, i think he's moving towards elite prospect status.
I have kinsler at 2b and bautista at third, but i can move bautista to the OF.
My roster is pretty much set, have to find someone to drop. Im holding two catchers now cus i lost posey (salty and ianetta). Salty might be on his way out, although i really want two catchers because of the off days.
Its_JUSTIN_UPTON_Time!
Camaroballa22
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers