Done for now, will continue to update/reuse thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Done for now, will continue to update/reuse thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Heath Bell for Jacoby Ellsbury? WHIR!

Postby V » Sun May 29, 2011 10:54 am

WhiteComet wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:
WhiteComet wrote:
Should I trade away Heath Bell for Jacoby Ellsbury?

This is a no brainer...Bell is a stud closer, but Ellsbury is a stud OF, you can move Bautista to 3B, and you need the SB. Plus, there are a lot of rumors that Bell will get traded so he might not even be a closer near the trade deadline...give me the stud hitter over the stud pitcher.

Hey balco between justin upton
and ellsbury which would be a better deal?

d00d, is someone actually offering you Justin Upton for Bell? Jump on that ASAP if yes. If you're thinking about offering that, don't waste your time.

I don't value closers highly, even the top tier ones, so :shrug:
V
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Heath Bell for Jacoby Ellsbury? WHIR!

Postby V » Sun May 29, 2011 10:58 am

lbblue wrote:
WhiteComet wrote:Should I trade away Heath Bell for Jacoby Ellsbury or Justin Upton??

Do with teh quickness. I'd go Ellsbury over Upton. Ellsbury would hugely upgrade your OF and you should be OK with the RP you have as long as Bailey is back soon and stays healthy. I'd jump on that trade.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=431914

Ellsbury over Upton? WTF? Ellsbury ain't hitting 20 HRs this year, and is a BIG injury risk.
V
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Heath Bell for Jacoby Ellsbury/Justin Upton? WHIR!

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sun May 29, 2011 11:17 am

It depends on needs...if you need SB then take Ellsbury. If you need the power then take Upton. In either case you make out like a bandit.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby ryetoast93 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm not sold on Ellsbury. Upton gives you a power-speed blend, where Ellsbury wont hit 12 HR. I like Upton.
ryetoast93
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby V » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

All of you people who prefer Ellsbury over Upton - could you please join my fantasy leagues?
V
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lbblue » Sun May 29, 2011 2:37 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:It depends on needs...if you need SB then take Ellsbury. If you need the power then take Upton. In either case you make out like a bandit.

Exactly. I think people who think that Upton over Ellsbury is a flat out no-brainer are off-base. I don't have an issue with anyone who would go Upton but there still seems to be a gap in what Upton should be and what he actually is, as far as I'm concerned. Clearly he's a fantasy stud and anyone who would trade him for Heath Bell is insane, but Ellsbury is going to steal 50 – 60 bases (at least...let's not forget he stole 70 in '09), hit probably 12 HRs (he has 6 already), drive in 65– 70, score 110–115, and bat around .300. Those are impressive numbers.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby V » Sun May 29, 2011 2:54 pm

lbblue wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:It depends on needs...if you need SB then take Ellsbury. If you need the power then take Upton. In either case you make out like a bandit.

Exactly. I think people who think that Upton over Ellsbury is a flat out no-brainer are off-base. I don't have an issue with anyone who would go Upton but there still seems to be a gap in what Upton should be and what he actually is, as far as I'm concerned. Clearly he's a fantasy stud and anyone who would trade him for Heath Bell is insane, but Ellsbury is going to steal 50 – 60 bases (at least...let's not forget he stole 70 in '09), hit probably 12 HRs (he has 6 already), drive in 65– 70, score 110–115, and bat around .300. Those are impressive numbers.

Ellsbury is Michael Bourn + 10 HRs and a larger injury risk. I honestly don't get the love.
V
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Seanyfever » Sun May 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Is this Ellsbury or Upton?
For a second, I thought it was both.

For sure with Ellsbury. ;-D
Upton, meh!? :-/
Obviously, both! ;-D

Help me out!
viewtopic.php?t=431955
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 290)

Postby WhiteComet » Sun May 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks for all the help guys and help returned for those who posted links ;-)

Anyway, I chose Ellsbury over Upton. The biggest problem is that I have absolutely 0 steals in my lineup. Adding him would be a big boost. In general, my offense has been winning me a lot of games so I'm not too worried about that. Will continue to make improvements as I still have an abundance in pitching. Might be eyeing someone like Carl Crawford or Matt Kemp, but I would have to give up top tier pitching.

In addition, Upton hasn't been playing up to the hype as whoever pointed out 40/40. last year wasn't pretty so we'll see. As for Ellsbury being injury risk, I think he only had one major injury being the cracked ribs. So I wouldn't mind taking on someone like him.

And yea, Ellsbury OR Upton, not both. That would be like pointing a gun at their heads and telling them to give me those players lol. Now waiting for league approval...
WhiteComet Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby lbblue » Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm

V wrote:
lbblue wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:Ellsbury is Michael Bourn + 10 HRs and a larger injury risk. I honestly don't get the love.

Huh? Jacoby Ellsbury is Michael Bourn + 10 HR, 30 RBI, 10–15 Runs, and 20–30 points in Batting Average. Other than that though, yeah, they're pretty much the same. ;-)
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions