My Uggla for his Ichiro. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Uggla for his Ichiro. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Uggla for his Ichiro. WHIR

Postby jimmycolorado » Fri May 27, 2011 11:11 am

6x6, minus AVG, plus OBP and SLG. Weekly change (ugh).

Utley just came off the DL, so I'm OK for 2B atm. I'd been starting Uggla all this time, and he's been absolutely killing me. Completely stunned at how bad he's been. My OF has been poor-to-decent so far: we start three, and I've been going with a core of

Stanton (hurt early, OK now)
Cargo (complete zero, started to turn it around recently)
Markakis (another dud, but has been playing OK enough to start the last couple weeks)

Backups in the OF are
Damon (he's been pretty good, but I was spooked into not starting him these last couple weeks because of interleague play)
Chris Young (despite what his numbers look like, has been very inconsistent. Not good for weekly change)
Grady Sizemore (always hurt. Tough to commit to starting him in weekly).

So I'm not starving for another OF, and I've always thought Ichiro was more of a "name" than an actual fantasy asset. The biggest plus he brings to the table, AVG, we don't count in the league. I guess the SB are nice, but if I acquired him, it would be to immediately try and cash in on his name recognition for something else (I'm also hurting for 1B, thank you Justin Morneau. Why yes, I'd love to have another 0/4 with three K's!). Ichiro also has been slumping of late, but that's his MO. He usually gets hot early, swoons in May, June or July, and then evens off for the last couple months.

Anyway, long post is long. Leave link, etc.
jimmycolorado
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Uggla for his Ichiro. WHIR

Postby timaxman » Fri May 27, 2011 11:22 am

As much as I agree about Ichiro, I still doubt you could move him for uggla.

I also feel like since you've stuck with him this long, you might want to wait for him to warm up, he is suffering from some AWFUL luck for his BABIP, which should improve as well.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zhangman1 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:26 am

maybe shop uggla for someone else than ichiro? he's playing like crap but he's still a 2B and those r hard to come by in any league. if you can't, Ichiro is still an upgrade over markakis
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby jimmycolorado » Fri May 27, 2011 11:28 am

To clarify, this deal has been offered to me: My Uggla for his Ichiro. (I wouldn't make a post about a speculative deal or something I was "thinking of offering.") I can accept this as long as the other owner doesn't cancel.
jimmycolorado
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GardnerRunsRampant » Fri May 27, 2011 11:32 am

Do not make the mistake of thinking what you got in april/may from cargo is what he will end up with. He was also awful to start last season and look how his numbers turned out. He will get hot and stay hot and boost your OF.

Atlanta's lineup as a whole banged up right now. Heyward is out and Chipper has been dealing with issues. McCann has started out slower than normal. Wait it out on Uggla. You have a lot of decent OF options (just play matchups weekly) that you don't have to make this move for Ichiro. You said it yourself, without AVG being counted you lose a lot of the value in actually having Ichiro.

I would not make this move.

Please help in mine: viewtopic.php?t=431771
GardnerRunsRampant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby figurski24 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:46 am

If you were offered this trade then I would defiantly accept it, but its hard to believe that anyone would want a struggling Uggla. Even though Ichiro has been in a recent slump he still performs in the hits and SB category. You have Utley coming back so you don't exactly need help at 2B and Markakis could be upgraded with Ichiro.

Please help me ----> viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431617
figurski24
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions